Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

Thing is though, it has been sustained to a reasonable degree for a few years now....

Between 2003 and 2008 the population rose by 1 MILLION due to net immigration.

Now really....have enough schools and hospitals been built to deal with them?

That isn't the point I'm making though, extrapolating figures relating to immigration is an inexact science and dependent on many things.

The increase in net migration has more to do with Brits not leaving the UK to seek new lives for themselves overseas rather than an increase in migrant numbers. The figures also don't take account of the effect of the relatively new points system will will address many of the shortcomings inherent in the old regime.

That isn't the point I'm making though, extrapolating figures relating to immigration is an inexact science and dependent on many things.

The increase in net migration has more to do with Brits not leaving the UK to seek new lives for themselves overseas rather than an increase in migrant numbers. The figures also don't take account of the effect of the relatively new points system will will address many of the shortcomings inherent in the old regime.

But if we look behind the net migration figures we can see that half a million people are coming here every year from overseas. Do you honestly believe this is justified iin these numbers. Or necessary?

I understand posts about them bringing skills to the country but people in these numbers also mean more skills are needed by them just being here.

But if we look behind the net migration figures we can see that half a million people are coming here every year from overseas. Do you honestly believe this is justified iin these numbers. Or necessary?

I understand posts about them bringing skills to the country but people in these numbers also mean more skills are needed by them just being here.

But half a million people aren't coming each year

Correct, oversea's nationals leaving the UK are not monitored unless they are removed, but there are rumours that that is about to change.

It would be nice to have some honesty about the figures. You cant believe anything what the government says.

I'd only believe Migration Watch, they seem the most credible...

I guess that's why we don't have the friends or family of the accused sitting on their jury..they tend to believe what they want to believe in spite of the evidence.

I guess that's why we don't have the friends or family of the accused sitting on their jury..they tend to believe what they want to believe in spite of the evidence.

It works both ways though,unless your trying to say that the government wouldnt bend the truth a little;)

I see the EDL marches have been banned in London ,I wont start a thread about it or I'll get accused of being the EDL/BNP/NF/Monster raving loon party leader..Im wondering though if it will do more harm than good as re publicity for the group

Archived