Can't Britain just close and say we are full up?

The purpose of the post was not to point any fingers at anyone.

After travelling from Devon yesterday the country was held in gridlock on the roads.My point was that this country can not suppport more people of ANY race born here or not. If we can't build more roads or create more jobs etc we surely can not support more people coming in.

May I respectfully suggest that our immigration obsessive friends remove their heads from their rectums. The human population globally has now outstripped sustainable resources, and continues to grow. Anyone who thinks we can just shut the gate and all primary and secondary effects of the looming food and water shortages will pass is by, while we play cricket on the village green and wash our Morris Minors is, TBH, a bit of a dim wit.

The UK became wealthy and has supplied us with our hugely above average standard of living through the exploitation of resources across the globe. But now the consumerist dream is starting to take on more nightmarish qualities, some people think we can just bolt the gate. We don't want to be global any more now it is all going wrong, and the problems should all be reserved for the foreigners. Well it's not going to happen, so get used to it you whinging bloody babies!! :hihi:

I have thought long and hard about the above post and have come up with the following statement:

We, the British, feel terrible about our history in the world. We sent our values across the world to the degree that a quarter of it was influenced by our ideals and culture.

This devilish empire that we so rudely took became a force that allowed us to check the rise of extreme racism in the Twentieth Century.

In light of our previous actions I feel we should open our borders to the world we so cruelly treated.

Feel free to come and take what you would like.

It's not a lie though. At all. .

Sky news reported it and then withdrew it when they realised the mistake. Several newspapers reported it including the Independent.

It is simply wrong s it refers to immigration (which is broadly unchanged from 2004) and not net migration which is what the 20% figure refers to.

Sky news reported it and then withdrew it when they realised the mistake. Several newspapers reported it including the Independent.

It is simply wrong s it refers to immigration (which is broadly unchanged from 2004) and not net migration which is what the 20% figure refers to.

Net migration rose by 21% last year, with 239,000 more people arriving in the UK than those leaving, the Office for National Statistics has revealed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14663354

Do you know something they don't, enlighten us.

I have thought long and hard about the above post and have come up with the following statement:

We, the British, feel terrible about our history in the world. We sent our values across the world to the degree that a quarter of it was influenced by our ideals and culture.

This devilish empire that we so rudely took became a force that allowed us to check the rise of extreme racism in the Twentieth Century.

In light of our previous actions I feel we should open our borders to the world we so cruelly treated.

Feel free to come and take what you would like.

Debates about the "cruel" English Empire always confuse me as well. Its as though we're a nation apart, the cruelist of the cruel for exploiting other nations of the world.

It was a different age then and ALL nations were cruel. If we hadn't been good at war you can bet some other nation would have been here, and we'd have been expoited. The reason we had an Empire is for the simple fact that we were the best military nation at that time.

I for one will not apologise for what's happened in the past, in fact I'm glad. The alternative would have been much worse. I can't be responsible, and neither can any other else, for what's happenned hundreds of years ago...

Debates about the "cruel" English Empire always confuse me as well. Its as though we're a nation apart, the cruelist of the cruel for exploiting other nations of the world.

It was a different age then and ALL nations were cruel. If we hadn't been good at war you can bet some other nation would have been here, and we'd have been expoited. The reason we had an Empire is for the simple fact that we were the best military nation at that time.

I for one will not apologise for what's happened in the past, in fact I'm glad. The alternative would have been much worse. I can't be responsible, and neither can any other else, for what's happenned hundreds of years ago...

I wish once and for all these appologists would stop aking us to pick up the tab for what the ruling class in this country did way back in the past in the time when Joe Public could face transportation for stealing an apple.

The Uk doesn't need or want anymore coming in, end of.

I wish once and for all these appologists would stop aking us to pick up the tab for what the ruling class in this country did way back in the past in the time when Joe Public could face transportation for stealing an apple.

The Uk doesn't need or want anymore coming in, end of.

We're all agreed on that, even if some won't admit it....

If the word "Net" is included or not. It's still a shocking figure. No point arguing about wording on such a serious subject.

Hunh? They are two different but related stats. The main reason the net figure went up is because fewer people emigrated.

Immigration rose by 1%, not 20. Quite a difference wouldn't you say?

Archived