Trip to Bali- the best way to present this gift?

Dear forum,

I have booked my gf a 5* trip to Bali for her birthday next week. It is her dream to visit there, so I want to make it special, and I am trying to think of a really nice/different way to present it to her so it will be remembered..

This trip will be a once in a lifetime (as it's costing me a fortune!) so I want it to be something to remember...

My idea is to hand her an envelope over dinner, after giving her her other presents earlier in the day, as an "Ooops forgot this one" present, with a picture of Bali inside, and the booking confirmation behind it...but it seems a bit lame?!

Any better ideas??:confused:

How about making her a photo book (snapfish and similar places make them for not a lot) of all of the places that she can choose between for visiting while she's there?

Don't give her the tickets or tell her that it's to do with a trip or anything- it's just a nice coffee table book of Balinese sights. Include it in her presents and on the last page put text that she can choose any 5/10/however many and let you know, then just wait for her to find the last page and ask you about it ;)

It may take a week or two, and you may explode with excitement waiting for her to find it, but it would be a cool way for her to work out her main pressie.

BTW, I come from a family where my dad bought my mum a day trip on Concorde for her birthday and we got her all the way to the airport and the check in desk without her suspecting a thing. It took some of my dad's work colleagues to play along and 'plan a trip' which involved meeting them at the airport off their flight, which just happened to coincide with the Concorde check-in desk.

BTW, I come from a family where my dad bought my mum a day trip on Concorde for her birthday and we got her all the way to the airport and the check in desk without her suspecting a thing. It took some of my dad's work colleagues to play along and 'plan a trip' which involved meeting them at the airport off their flight, which just happened to coincide with the Concorde check-in desk.

Wow that's brilliant!! How you managed that I don't know!! I know not everybody is able to buy these sort of gifts, we are not going until June next year as we have taken our holidays this year and it's going to take me that long to pay it off, but it's a spectacular surprise, and a great feeling knowing you made someone you love's dream come true :)

That's great idea! Or a little twist on that (as I don't think I could wait!), a little bag containing the names of places in Bali to visit printed on little pieces of paper, and asking her to do a lucky dip of 5 or so.....I'll have to make sure they all say "SPA" on them though as that's wherem I want to go :hihi:

Aww how sweet! We went to Bali for our honeymoon and it was amazing :love:

When Matt took us on a suprise trip to Paris to propose, he did something like you described - a picture of Paris in a card etc. It took me a good few minutes of confusion to work out what was going on, bue it certainly wasn't 'lame'!! :hihi:

I can't think of anything better than that...

What about a nice big hardback book of Bali?

One she can read about all the wonderful things in Bali over the next few months?

Oooo yes I like that!! Ill wrap it up and everything! And maybe hand her our tickets a few moments later when all she thinks she got is a book :hihi:

Dear forum,

I have booked my gf a 5* trip to Bali for her birthday next week. It is her dream to visit there, so I want to make it special, and I am trying to think of a really nice/different way to present it to her so it will be remembered..

This trip will be a once in a lifetime (as it's costing me a fortune!) so I want it to be something to remember...

My idea is to hand her an envelope over dinner, after giving her her other presents earlier in the day, as an "Ooops forgot this one" present, with a picture of Bali inside, and the booking confirmation behind it...but it seems a bit lame?!

Any better ideas??:confused:

I am sure the holiday alone would be enough for her never to forget.

Archived