There is a man in my bed.

I went out last night and bumped into a very lovely man, who I had an encounter with at the weekend, and we chatted to the late hours so he slept at my house. He tells me he never met anyone like me and he is nervous around me as I am so sophisticated. I am the same with him.

However just last week he got out of a two year relationship. There is no way we will get together. He is not ready and I do not want to be a rebound. He is the same height as me and eight years younger. I normally run a mile from guys unless they are around 5'9" and in late thirties.

I love my independence but I sat at the side of the bed looking at him this morning, admiring him and thinking about how much love I have to give if someone did come along. But I always meet people whose circumstances stop them from taking things further.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Am I sending out the wrong vibes? Does God want me to be single? Maybe I am better off being single. I would do anything for someone else and is that a dangerous position to put myself in in this day and age?

I am 31. There is no way I will ever have the love of my life. He will be the love of my mid/ later life at most. What if I decide down the line I want children? I do not have many years left. While I would marry a man I meet tonight tomorrow morning if that is what we felt like I am not bringing children into the world with anyone until I know we are solid. And everything, just everything. It feels like I am taking this journey of life alone. I am more than comfortable in my own company and pride myself in being single so I do not know what has come over me and why I am stressing about this.

I take it the lasagne didn't work then?

Do you want to talk about the lasagne?

You know how I say I always pick the wrong guys? He tried to kill himself the night we were to have our first date. I had his father call me.

I think the EastEnders theme needs to play as I walk into a room from now on.

The guy before that went back to his ex. ¹

The guy before that disappeared off the face of the planet. ²

The guy before that was too rude and I cut off contact. ³

¹ Many guys get back with their exes after me. Many guys meet the man of their dreams right after me. It is odd.

² Many guys disappear off the face of the planet but always reappear, eventually, and say something along the lines of they never met anyone as real as me and were scared.

³ If there aren’t good manners I run a mile. If a guy cannot be polite in week one what won’t he be able to manage in week one hundred and one. No. Manners. Chivalry. Give me an inch and I will return a mile. I do not ask for much.

8 years isn't all that. Besides, age is just a number. You aren't that old, are you? ;):P

Age is irrelevant, I WANT Susan off Neighbours and she's at least 20 years my senior, still would though :love:

My OH is 9 years younger than me and we get along brilliantly, I don't think that age is as important as things in common and a sense of humor.

When I first met him I was on the rebound and I only ever met him just for a laugh, as friends and for something to do for the day to cheer myself up...we are still together over 4 years later and I really don't see that changing any time soon, we are happy together we share lots of common interests and make each other laugh all the time.

Why not just chill out take it slowly without reading too much into it and see what happens?

8 years isn't all that. Besides, age is just a number. You aren't that old, are you? ;):P

I am 31. I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about age gaps. But he is so mature for his age and experienced in life in different ways to me. But I guess two individuals will always be different. No the age gap I would overlook and it is not an issue for him.

Archived