There is a man in my bed.

Age is irrelevant, I WANT Susan off Neighbours and she's at least 20 years my senior, still would though :love:

Isn't she gay (in real life)? Or, are you in love with the character? :)

I am 31. I do have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about age gaps. But he is so mature for his age and experienced in life in different ways to me. But I guess two individuals will always be different. No the age gap I would overlook and it is not an issue for him.

I can understand you being cautious, what with him being fresh out of a relationship. I would be inclined to hold off for a while, spend time together as friends, getting to know each other better. More so, to see if this really isn't a rebound. If it's not, he will still be around down the line.

You need to stop planning and certainly stop looking ahead. Live every day for today and don't worry about the future, certainly not with people you don't know.

If you have your own personal stable foundations, then any foundations you build with someone else will be equally stable. You just need to take your time to get to really know someone before wondering if this is it.

As for wondering if you'll spend your life alone: you're only 31 and there's plenty of time to meet someone special. However, if you spend your time worrying about the future and of being alone, the minutes will seem like hours and life will start to pass you by.

Just be yourself and life your life and meet as many people as you can to maximise your chances of meeting someone fantastic.

...I am 31. There is no way I will ever have the love of my life. He will be the love of my mid/ later life at most. What if I decide down the line I want children? I do not have many years left. While I would marry a man I meet tonight tomorrow morning if that is what we felt like I am not bringing children into the world with anyone until I know we are solid. ...

You need to take a few deep breaths and take a step back from the Bridget Jones angst. You've only just met the bloke. Have some fun. Get to know him. Let the relationship evolve, rather than hyperventilating about what it might or might not be. Relax.

If you have your own personal stable foundations, then any foundations you build with someone else will be equally stable.

I have a good relationship with myself. Very little phases me. However I do worry too much (as you can see from my previous posts!)

I have a good relationship with myself. Very little phases me. However I do worry too much (as you can see from my previous posts!)

I know. I can tell! You cannot start worrying about people you meet. Just relax and let anything that might develop develop.

Pretty much all relationships are temporary, so enjoy every moment rather than worrying about the future!

Archived