There is a man in my bed.

Didn't Farrokh Bulsara write a song about that?

"I don`t want my freedom.

There`s no reason for living with a broken heart .

This is a tricky situation I`ve only got myself to blame.

It`s just a simple fact of life It can happen to anyone

You win - you lose It`s a chance you have to take with love

Oh yeah - I fell in love And now you say it`s over and I`m falling apart

It`s a hard life..."

Bless dear old Saint Farroukh of Bulsara... I can't believe it's 20 years this year since we lost his talent!!!

I went out last night and bumped into a very lovely man, who I had an encounter with at the weekend, and we chatted to the late hours so he slept at my house. He tells me he never met anyone like me and he is nervous around me as I am so sophisticated. I am the same with him.

However just last week he got out of a two year relationship. There is no way we will get together. He is not ready and I do not want to be a rebound. He is the same height as me and eight years younger. I normally run a mile from guys unless they are around 5'9" and in late thirties.

I love my independence but I sat at the side of the bed looking at him this morning, admiring him and thinking about how much love I have to give if someone did come along. But I always meet people whose circumstances stop them from taking things further.

Is it me? Am I doing something wrong? Am I sending out the wrong vibes? Does God want me to be single? Maybe I am better off being single. I would do anything for someone else and is that a dangerous position to put myself in in this day and age?

I am 31. There is no way I will ever have the love of my life. He will be the love of my mid/ later life at most. What if I decide down the line I want children? I do not have many years left. While I would marry a man I meet tonight tomorrow morning if that is what we felt like I am not bringing children into the world with anyone until I know we are solid. And everything, just everything. It feels like I am taking this journey of life alone. I am more than comfortable in my own company and pride myself in being single so I do not know what has come over me and why I am stressing about this.

Enjoy the moment.

Archived