Recommend a good rock pub crawl

Strix

My sis may be coming to stay sat 26 Nov, and is used to the bright lights of Birmingham (and the dingy corners of Costers and Eddies), so where do you all recommend we go?

A suggested route through town would be handy too :thumbsup:

Do we kick off at Buffy's gig, or is there somewhere else we should take in before that? (assuming we'll find Buffy in the Moorfoot?)

Buffy - The moorfoot,

Then up to the Nelson. Theres an upstairs and a downstairs to this one and its a real good pub so you might find yourself in here for a while.

up to the casbah, pop in the sportsman for one or two

down to the Dev cat for some real beer!

then the corp if you can manage a club

Hows that?

Originally posted by Strix

Is that the place I used to know as The Yorkshireman's?

No thats around the corner on Cross Burgess street, the other side of Coles. Dont bother going there, its now called the Lions Lair and no rock music anymore. Sportsman is on other side, Cambridge STreet, think of near to where the Cambridge arcade used to be which may be around your landmark time scale....you really cant miss it, small frontage which stands out from the modern big Weatherspoons pub they built next door

Originally posted by Cyclone

don't forget the Dove and Rainbow out the back of weatherspoons.

and the pub opposite mcDonalds at the top of the more (can't remember the name).

latter one IS the NELSON...already mentioned...

DOVE AND RAINBOW is OK but much more 'alternative' than rock in the sense of 'rock pub'. Its OK if you like punk though....

Cheers everyone :)

Originally posted by LellyBee

Did you ever go to Chubby's for your doner kebabs? It's just up from there :)

I got mine outside Rebels ;)

My mates used to order 'kebab - no rabbit food', then I'd ask for a 'rabbit food - no kebab' :D

Archived