A-Level Results 2011

Back in 1989 you were only allowed to take a maximum of two A Levels, and you could do an additional GCSE if you were particularly gifted.

I took 3 in 1976.... well, 4 if you count General Studies..that was the norm for the 6th form then....

What's with all the 'congratulations on working hard' for your grades. Anyone can work hard for something, it's the smart and talented ones who hardly lifted a finger yet still got the grades who I'd like to congratulate!

What's with all the 'congratulations on working hard' for your grades. Anyone can work hard for something, it's the smart and talented ones who hardly lifted a finger yet still got the grades who I'd like to congratulate!

Why should someone deserve an accolade for being born smart?

Good luck to everyone receiving their A-Level results today, and here's hoping you all got what you wanted and deserved.

I got an A*, 2 A's and a B and am off to study Law at the University of York :) I'll miss Sheffield! :cry:

You will love york, enjoy.

Back in 1989 you were only allowed to take a maximum of two A Levels, and you could do an additional GCSE if you were particularly gifted.

Did you go to a particularly unusual school? I started 6th form in 1988 and it was the norm to do 4 A levels, with the odd additional GCSE thrown in on top of that if we wanted to do it. I've never heard of 2 being a maximum

Archived