Is the Government GUILTY of sub judice re the riots?

just watched the crime watch on riots and it seems to me that most of the offenders were black just like most of the muggers, drug dealers and knife crime

Been done that one, I think people are more interested in solving the problem rather than create more.

I gather your point is...

Irrelevant ?

If it was on the pavement, and as you say it's still technically an if, and the cars steering didn't freak out and it was on purpose it should be murder. The media attention given is warranted but as always the way it's been done hasn't been great - we can blame 24hour news for that. Im not sure that police would charge someone with murder ( even in these circumstances) but wouldn't be surprised either.

But you are right, trial by media and/or a wrong conviction serves nobody.

Yes 24 hr news and its verocity to get the scoop can certainly add to the problem of 'sub justice' but I think that in this instance it was far more than that,

They want to keep the community calm that was effected by the loss,

They wanted to look like they were taking hold of the situation after they failed the communities (Police and the Political holidaying elite) and deflect some heat,

They liked the fact that in a world of bad media, this mans dignity to call for calm in such an hour of despair in his life they needed some goo publicity to stand beside.

Its more than the media wanting a story and a lot to do with people trying to hold the country together and their own jobs.

In a time when information is so readily available, people want instant answers and justice, and people have played up to that.

@kimba... i think you have made some very good points there and have literally nailed it on the head. Very well put and I hadn't looked at it in that way, but you are right in what you say..

I must admit, he's changed my mind also. I've just gone along with the much reported "murderers mount pavement and deliberately kill" theme. More thought is needed in future (note to self.)

I do hope the Police don't rush things to try and get a conviction to placate everybody and to avoid further riots. This doesn't work, there's numerous cases of people being locked up and then found to be innocent.

The Police are very much aware of public opinion and this sometimes worries me. I'll have to say, somewhat controversially, and it won't gain me any friends. But its what I think. I don't think the people who have been pursued all these years, actually killed Stephen Lawrence. I think the Police have been desperate to convict someone because of the immense pressure they've been under.

It always struck me that when the accused were linked to the crime and were secretly filmed over a long period in private, they never mentioned the crime. They didn't know they were being filmed and surely young men like that would have.

No doubt they're a nasty bunch and if they did do it and some unquestionable evidence emerges then I hope they rot in jail. But if not, the main reason the murderers were never caught could be that the Police focussed too much attention and resources to the wrong suspects.

Before anyone jumps on me I hope the Police convicts someone because it was an horrible crime. But it has to be the right people..The Police could have taken their eye of the ball...

@kimba... i think you have made some very good points there and have literally nailed it on the head. Very well put and I hadn't looked at it in that way, but you are right in what you say..
Thank you Joe.

I think its easy to just go with the flow and public anger at what happened because the majority of us were horrified at what we saw on TV but we should not leave common sense by the door, you have to assume you know nothing until it all gets a proper investigation, but what we were seeing on the box it all looked like an open and shut case even before they had caught anyone which should send alarm bells ringing because that sort of justice could then happen to any of us.

Whats next, public internet voting systems where we decide if people are guilty or not (possible just based on how someone looks) ?

I must admit, he's changed my mind also. I've just gone along with the much reported "murderers mount pavement and deliberately kill" theme. More thought is needed in future (note to self.)

I do hope the Police don't rush things to try and get a conviction to placate everybody and to avoid further riots. This doesn't work, there's numerous cases of people being locked up and then found to be innocent.

The Police are very much aware of public opinion and this sometimes worries me. I'll have to say, somewhat controversially, and it won't gain me any friends. But its what I think. I don't think the people who have been pursued all these years, actually killed Stephen Lawrence. I think the Police have been desperate to convict someone because of the immense pressure they've been under.

It always struck me that when the accused were linked to the crime and were secretly filmed over a long period in private, they never mentioned the crime. They didn't know they were being filmed and surely young men like that would have.

No doubt they're a nasty bunch and if they did do it and some unquestionable evidence emerges then I hope they rot in jail. But if not, the main reason the murderers were never caught could be that the Police focussed too much attention and resources to the wrong suspects.

Before anyone jumps on me I hope the Police convicts someone because it was an horrible crime. But it has to be the right people..The Police could have taken their eye of the ball...

I don't know too much abut the case but if something does not look right then its worth looking into further.

Certainly I would expect anyone who had a secret within a group would at some stage be itching to discus it, its human nature to want to make sense of any situation and if you had other people that were involved then none of them would be able to contain it for any length of time without questioning any of their fears about it.

If you are saying that they were under substantial surveillance for quite a period of time and they never discussed it, then I would say that they were either innocent or very exceptional people in dead. Definitely worth further thought, I imagine in situations where keeping whole communities calm and subdued the Police ect would be under real pressure, who knows ?

Been done that one, I think people are more interested in solving the problem rather than create more.

I gather your point is...

Irrelevant ?

no my point is totally relevant they are the problem they want everything for nothing i would give them the end of my boot summit for nowt lol anyway are u a lion

no my point is totally relevant they are the problem they want everything for nothing i would give them the end of my boot summit for nowt lol anyway are u a lion
No, that would be Simba, no relation.

I'm not saying you don't have a point, just the point you bring up is not relevant to this topic,

There are topics on SF of a more racist nature, maybe your point should be posted on one of those ?

Mart, why are you so angry?..

I'm sure you'd like to provide a more thought envoking, informative and humerous contribution only to discover your head is an empty void and your heart a black puss filled sickly organ...:hihi:

Archived