Is the Government GUILTY of sub judice re the riots?

What the mps did was repugnant. However, to my knowledge they didn't have people scared in their homes and didn't force businesses to close early. They didnt burn buildings or kill people .I can't understand how the two are comparable.

I couldnt give a monkeys about what goes on Libya. If it helps secure uk oil supplies - great if not sod em

What's that got to do with the rioting/sentences/mps expenses ?

So you are saying if they are not in this country, then its fine to burn and kill people.....i think that is you blown out of the water :hihi:

Perhaps that was badly phrased. Im just saying l don't waste worrying about it. Do you think there are people in Iran watching the tv going "those poor people". No. And let's face it unless you cycle everywhere and grow your own we need oil.

I'd much rather we keep out of it altogether.

But, again what's libya got to do with sentences looters get and sentences mps don't get

Perhaps that was badly phrased. Im just saying l don't waste worrying about it. Do you think there are people in Iran watching the tv going "those poor people". No. And let's face it unless you cycle everywhere and grow your own we need oil.

I'd much rather we keep out of it altogether.

But, again what's libya got to do with sentences looters get and sentences mps don't get

Its to do with the morals of both sets. On one hand we have a bunch of fools who smashed shops up, burnt and stole.

On the other we have people like Hazel Blears blaming it on "greed" even though she's fiddled thousands, re "greed" She has the nerve? She didn't even lose her job. The government has been a part of killing thousands in Iraq, Libya and others. No doubt many shops were smashed up.

Its just about how MP's can claim the moral high ground. Give me a bunch of the rioters from Hackney any time...

Its to do with the morals of both sets. On one hand we have a bunch of fools who smashed shops up, burnt and stole.

On the other we have people like Hazel Blears blaming it on "greed" even though she's fiddled thousands, re "greed" She has the nerve? She didn't even lose her job. The government has been a part of killing thousands in Iraq, Libya and others. No doubt many shops were smashed up.

Its just about how MP's can claim the moral high ground. Give me a bunch of the rioters from Hackney any time...

Do you think, prior these stiff sentences, that these people would stop at rioting ? Stand next to these rioters at a bus stop in hackney and make a phone call on an expensive phone. See how long it remains in your hand. Take out a wallet with a wad of notes in it. You willbe robbed if you are stood next to the vast majority of those rioters.

The mps fiddled the system and the country. The looters stole from individuals and businesses. They are not the same.

Do you think, prior these stiff sentences, that these people would stop at rioting ? Stand next to these rioters at a bus stop in hackney and make a phone call on an expensive phone. See how long it remains in your hand. Take out a wallet with a wad of notes in it. You willbe robbed if you are stood next to the vast majority of those rioters.

The mps fiddled the system and the country. The looters stole from individuals and businesses. They are not the same.

All you are demonstrating is that you are unable to grasp the ways in which people are victimised and society is harmed by political corruption.

It's good to see posters who have been burnt out of their houses and had their businesses destroyed forgiving the people who did that to them and turning their anger on MP's.

Oh, wait, the riots didn't actually affect you whining looter excusers did it?

Was your house burned then? You speak on behalf of the victims of crime? What utter conceit!

All you are demonstrating is that you are unable to grasp the ways in which people are victimised and society is harmed by political corruption.

Possibly. You are failing to grasp the effect that mobs of people have in the country. You are also over estimating the level education alot of these looters have. Do you think they know who is even in charge ?

It's good to see posters who have been burnt out of their houses and had their businesses destroyed forgiving the people who did that to them and turning their anger on MP's.

Oh, wait, the riots didn't actually affect you whining looter excusers did it?

I'm certainly no looter excuser, but I do think that there is an equivalence between what they did and the disgraceful behaviour of some of our MPs.

Both sets of people took things that didn't belong to them. Both sets of people behaved in morally unacceptable ways. Both sets of people used their power to steal from the law abiding. Both sets of people comitted shocking crimes.

They are both as bad as each other. And, they are both worse than common criminals as their crimes were quite extreme. Therefore, both the looters and the fiddling MPs should have the full weight of the judicial system hurled at them.

Was your house burned then? You speak on behalf of the victims of crime? What utter conceit!

Yes i do speak on behalf of the victims of crime because if we left it you and your kind the only voice would be a whiny human rights act petition for all criminals to get a free holiday to the seychelles because they didn't really mean to do all that lootin and shootin.

Archived