Who was the best prime minister of the UK?

I would say Tony Blair, He should of never stepped down, Yes he did go to war with America who is one of our strongest allies. So everyone that says the war was a bad thing and we should of never of invaded what would you suggest just leaving the likes of Saddam Hussain ruling a country, Who supported terrorism and torture amongst his own people never mind the rest of the world?

I think personal circumstances are relevant on this thread, most folk will judge who was the best pm based on their life experiences under a certain pm and government. I and many other working class Sheffielders suffered terribly under Mrs Thatcher's government in the 80's and that's why I wouldn't think of her as the best prime minister of the UK

My heart bleeds for the poor steelmen and miners biggest load of glassbacks and idlebacks I've ever known.The steel workers who were made redundant got thousands in e.u payments and some never worked again until they got their old jobs back,no one else would employ them.

I would say Tony Blair, He should of never stepped down, Yes he did go to war with America who is one of our strongest allies. So everyone that says the war was a bad thing and we should of never of invaded what would you suggest just leaving the likes of Saddam Hussain ruling a country, Who supported terrorism and torture amongst his own people never mind the rest of the world?

Perhaps if the vote was for the slimey-est two faced money grabing chancer blair might win hands down.

I see a lot of ayes for Thatcher..not bad for some one who decimated the Steel and Coal industries ,killed community spirit and nicked kids milk.If she were the best god help the worst is all I can say.

It was the so called workers in the Steel and Coal industries who did the killing, the rest of the country was being held to ransom by a minority .

money grabbing certainly can not agree with as hees donated more money to charity than any other PM

oh thats alright then he acquires money ( i was going to say nicks ) and gives some to charity.Just before the expenses inquiry it was announced all his receipts had been accidentally shredded- nice one tony boy.

It was the so called workers in the Steel and Coal industries who did the killing, the rest of the country was being held to ransom by a minority .
:thumbsup:

Sometimes it's refreshing just to read a comment from another poster who can see things for how they were rather than being blinded by the "them 'n' us" mindset, and voicing support for lost causes that were destined to the same fate whichever PM had to govern the country at the time.

:thumbsup:

Sometimes it's refreshing just to read a comment from another poster who can see things for how they were rather than being blinded by the "them 'n' us" mindset, and voicing support for lost causes that were destined to the same fate whichever PM had to govern the country at the time.

Why, is it your alt? That's really Thatcherite isn't it, slapping your own back?

Archived