Who was the best prime minister of the UK?

When your struggling to put food on the table and pay the bills to keep a roof over your head it tends to skew the overall picture. What were your experiences of the 80's in Sheffield Conrod?
As you seem to interested in me personally, I'll answer - but I'm not going to let this turn into a date. Finishing my A levels; going off to study for my degree in another town; back in Sheffield for a year out climbing and caving, then starting a career with a multinational company based in London.

And you?

Why, is it your alt? That's really Thatcherite isn't it, slapping your own back?
No, it isn't - I do not have an 'alt'.

People may, at times, agree with views that differ from yours. Maybe very often from what I've seen.

Why are more people not saying Blair?

Clegg would be a great Prime Minister.

Blair and Clegg- The dream team

IMO the only thing the previous Government ever did that wasn't totally for George W Bush's benefit was the smokinv ban in UK, best thing ever IMO, anyone who says otherwise needs to have a word with themself.

IMO the only thing the previous Government ever did that wasn't totally for George W Bush's benefit was the smokinv ban in UK, best thing ever IMO, anyone who says otherwise needs to have a word with themself.

The smoking ban was forced on the weak government by the e.u via the health and safety excuse.

The smoking ban was forced on the weak government by the e.u via the health and safety excuse.

Meh, they would've been forced into it regardless, Scotland, Ireland and Wales have had it for several years, England was playing catch-up.

It was the so called workers in the Steel and Coal industries who did the killing, the rest of the country was being held to ransom by a minority .

Really tell you what write down what you know about Thatcherism and the coal and steel industries..the back of a postage stamp should suffice

It was the so called workers in the Steel and Coal industries who did the killing, the rest of the country was being held to ransom by a minority .

And now the very few are holding the masses to ransom and killing off the country, your point is?

:thumbsup:

Sometimes it's refreshing just to read a comment from another poster who can see things for how they were rather than being blinded by the "them 'n' us" mindset, and voicing support for lost causes that were destined to the same fate whichever PM had to govern the country at the time.

will second that:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived