On a flight, what does 33 inch pitch mean?

• 4 weeks later...

33 inch pitch is actually pretty generous for economy. Many airlines like BA or Virgin only have 31 to 32 inch pitch. 33 inch for economy is a higher quality seat you may say. Air France is very good. They are still humane and give a decent 33 inch pitch. (Cramming more people in mean money to some airlines.) - I have to say, the French airline is more human than the British ones. :hihi:

Check out the model of the plane that you will fly with, as well as the pitch sizing to airlines for their different classes. Some airlines only provide 33 inches for their Premium Economy.

http://www.seatguru.com/

Depending on your body size, and if the journey is long haul or not, it can indeed be more uncomfortable, and yes, 1 or 2 inch extra does make a lot of difference! I'm not being picky here, but it does mean whether you can move around or not, and therefore exacerbate DVT from happening etc.

Though by law, each airline has a duty to keep you alive for the duration of the journey... :hihi: Hydrating you, or reminding you to eat, and therefore stretch your leg muscles after a meal etc etc.

33 inch pitch is actually pretty generous for economy. Many airlines like BA or Virgin only have 31 to 32 inch pitch. 33 inch for economy is a higher quality seat you may say. Air France is very good. They are still humane and give a decent 33 inch pitch. (Cramming more people in mean money to some airlines.) - I have to say, the French airline is more human than the British ones. :hihi:

Check out the model of the plane that you will fly with, as well as the pitch sizing to airlines for their different classes. Some airlines only provide 33 inches for their Premium Economy.

http://www.seatguru.com/

Depending on your body size, and if the journey is long haul or not, it can indeed be more uncomfortable, and yes, 1 or 2 inch extra does make a lot of difference! I'm not being picky here, but it does mean whether you can move around or not, and therefore exacerbate DVT from happening etc.

Though by law, each airline has a duty to keep you alive for the duration of the journey... :hihi: Hydrating you, or reminding you to eat, and therefore stretch your leg muscles after a meal etc etc.

All thomson do is bother you by trying to flog you stuff all through the flight. I have flown a good few times with them and after a while it gets on your nerves.

All thomson do is bother you by trying to flog you stuff all through the flight. I have flown a good few times with them and after a while it gets on your nerves.

I agree they do seem very persistent... last time we flew with Thomson we paid 7.50 Euros each for extra leg room, WOW! the seat by the emergency exit over the wing, I could stretch my legs out fully in front of me and my wife could still get past (and I'm 6'1), the extra leg room made such a difference to the 4.25-hour flight.

Archived