Are you the same in real life as you are online?

I find i can say things on here i wouldnt necessarily say face to face with someone, but thats because im a shy person and cant talk to people easily, but then again, i sometimes want to say stuff on here but dont incase i come across wrong, so maybe im shy on here too.

A majority? So you are saying that the 133,237 registered members of Sheffield Forum is in reality no more than 88,824 different people. What rubbish.

And have the two members out of the at least 44,413 members who have dual identities told you so or are you just guessing?

There's no need to be so aggressive about it - sounds like a guilty conscience talking maybe!

I said 'apparently' because I was told by someone I know who moderates on another forum that lots of people have more than one username for whatver reason. On some forums they dont mind as long as you dont use it to decieve people, on others they crack down hard. I still haven't managed to find the forum rules on this site tho or how to contact a Mod. That's why I posted the question about what the Mods think of it here.

And one of the people I know who has two names on this forum uses his real life name and another made-up name which he revealed on another forum, that's how I know. The other one is someone I know at uni who just likes being daft.

There's no need to be so aggressive about it - sounds like a guilty conscience talking maybe!

I said 'apparently' because I was told by someone I know who moderates on another forum that lots of people have more than one username for whatver reason. On some forums they dont mind as long as you dont use it to decieve people, on others they crack down hard. I still haven't managed to find the forum rules on this site tho or how to contact a Mod. That's why I posted the question about what the Mods think of it here.

And one of the people I know who has two names on this forum uses his real life name and another made-up name which he revealed on another forum, that's how I know. The other one is someone I know at uni who just likes being daft.

Alice if you are new on here I don't think it's the best of ideas to start alienating people with unfounded allegations. If you have any proof and feel the need to start reporting people you just have to click on report post at the bottom of the thread:D:love:

I agree with that but how would they know?

If the poster on the duplicate account holds similar views and has a similar posting style to the original account, the Mods can spot a duplicate a mile off, they're not daft.

Archived