My wedding recommendations

Wood Lane Countryside Centre, Stannington

Absolutely fantastic venue. Beautiful buildings, beautiful price, very good price and very helpful staff.

However, this is only suitable if you want a blank canvas. This is exactly what we wanted so was perfect. We organised all our room dressings, food, bar, entertainment ourselves which was perfect for us, but understand some people will not want to do this themselves. If this is what you are after I cannot recommend the venue enough

Bouncing Hogs and Bars

Booked them for our hog roast. beautifully cooked hog. Great choice of accompaniments (potatoes, salads etc). Company was easy to liaise with in run-up to wedding and the staff that came on the day were great. Hardly noticed them setting up, very polite in service and cleared away with no-fuss. There was plenty of leftovers and even refused to take the tip we offered them. Again, very reasonable. Under £1000 to feed 100 (we actually only had 80 in end but left the booking for 80 and probably had half the pig in leftovers to take home, as well as the salads). Based in Leeds

Bradfield Brewery

Because the venue didn't have a bar on site we decided to hire a mobile bar in. Thoroughly recommend Bradfield Brewery. Again, fantastic price, local brewery and range of ales was singled out as a highlight by many of our guests. The staff that were there all day were fantastic. No fuss set-up by them and very easy to communicate with in advance. Thoroughly recommend

Sheffield Bouncy Castle Hire

Fantastic price, no fuss service. So good we are looking to use again at our daughters next birthday

Our Cow Molly

Again, another part of day the guests singled out as being a highlight. We had the hog roast for our main meal and then dessert was ice-cream by Our Cow Molly in the gardens. Good price, you are able to make choices for flavours and the ice-cream cart is a nice memorable feature

Urban Deli

Urban Deli (Campo Lane) provided our evening buffet. I think this (apart from our entertainment) was most talked about part of the day. It was simply amazing!

Classic Rock

Sheffield Forums very own Classic Rock was our DJ and she was fab. Particularly liked fact she met with us before the day to discuss our playlist and she was very accommodating and easy to use. Definitely recommend

Our entertainment was arranged through friends but all I can say is WOW! We had Boggarts Breakfast Morris dancers and Silkstone Brass Band. Totally made they day. Not sure if they usually are able to be hired for weddings, but they were both just unbelievable and made the wedding the summer garden party that we wanted.

Sarah's Florists

Absolutely beautiful flowers and totally reasonable cost. Totally chuffed with the flowers and highly recommend

Thank you for asking me to join you on your special evening. The 'mosh pit', Michael Buble and the fella running around with a hog on his head will stay with me forever!

You had a wonderful atmosphere from start to finish. I wish you both much happiness in your years ahead. x

Wood Lane Countryside Centre, Stannington

Absolutely fantastic venue. Beautiful buildings, beautiful price, very good price and very helpful staff.

However, this is only suitable if you want a blank canvas. This is exactly what we wanted so was perfect. We organised all our room dressings, food, bar, entertainment ourselves which was perfect for us, but understand some people will not want to do this themselves. If this is what you are after I cannot recommend the venue enough

Bouncing Hogs and Bars

Booked them for our hog roast. beautifully cooked hog. Great choice of accompaniments (potatoes, salads etc). Company was easy to liaise with in run-up to wedding and the staff that came on the day were great. Hardly noticed them setting up, very polite in service and cleared away with no-fuss. There was plenty of leftovers and even refused to take the tip we offered them. Again, very reasonable. Under £1000 to feed 100 (we actually only had 80 in end but left the booking for 80 and probably had half the pig in leftovers to take home, as well as the salads). Based in Leeds

Bradfield Brewery

Because the venue didn't have a bar on site we decided to hire a mobile bar in. Thoroughly recommend Bradfield Brewery. Again, fantastic price, local brewery and range of ales was singled out as a highlight by many of our guests. The staff that were there all day were fantastic. No fuss set-up by them and very easy to communicate with in advance. Thoroughly recommend

Sheffield Bouncy Castle Hire

Fantastic price, no fuss service. So good we are looking to use again at our daughters next birthday

Our Cow Molly

Again, another part of day the guests singled out as being a highlight. We had the hog roast for our main meal and then dessert was ice-cream by Our Cow Molly in the gardens. Good price, you are able to make choices for flavours and the ice-cream cart is a nice memorable feature

Urban Deli

Urban Deli (Campo Lane) provided our evening buffet. I think this (apart from our entertainment) was most talked about part of the day. It was simply amazing!

Classic Rock

Sheffield Forums very own Classic Rock was our DJ and she was fab. Particularly liked fact she met with us before the day to discuss our playlist and she was very accommodating and easy to use. Definitely recommend

Our entertainment was arranged through friends but all I can say is WOW! We had Boggarts Breakfast Morris dancers and Silkstone Brass Band. Totally made they day. Not sure if they usually are able to be hired for weddings, but they were both just unbelievable and made the wedding the summer garden party that we wanted.

Sarah's Florists

Absolutely beautiful flowers and totally reasonable cost. Totally chuffed with the flowers and highly recommend

Thanks for the mention glad you enjoyed it.

Archived