Red Arrows pilot dies in crash after display

• 2 weeks later...

Went down to Chatsworth yesterday and saw the fantastic display by the reds on their return to public display which they dedicated to FL Eggings memory. Amazing flying by the team and great commentry on the ground by Red 10 - who carried on with a cheery upbeat commentry while everyone was just a tad concerned when the formation disengaged and disappeared from sight (and dropped out of radio contact with him) for what was probably only a minute seemed like about 10. Turned out to be a radio glitch on Red 5 which got sorted and the display carried on but a bit of a hearts in mouths moment for everyone on the ground. Top notch flying and an emotional thing to witness.

For the rest of the current season the remaining 8 will fly....and the Red 4 space will remain empty.

I too cried when I watched the Chatsworth footage....especially as it didn't dawn on me to get down there and watch it for real!!

Archived