Optical illusions: have a look at these

I remember going on this. You sat opposite each other and the bench rattled a bit as you got on it to add to the illusion.

Regarding the OP, I love these kind of things. Does anyone remember the magic eye pictures they used to sell in the hole in the road? My mates could never figure em out but I could see every one. Strange!

That's the one! I'm shocking on rides - a real wuss!!!

Thre was a ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach that was based on an optical illusion. You sat on a long bench & the room started spinning around, unfortunately I didn't strap my self in & although I didn't throw myself out of the seat & it just fely like being in the middle of a giant tumble drier - either that or the worst hangover ever!

Was it called The Haunted Swing? Very quease-inducing!

Thre was a ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach that was based on an optical illusion. You sat on a long bench & the room started spinning around, unfortunately I didn't strap my self in & although I didn't throw myself out of the seat & it just fely like being in the middle of a giant tumble drier - either that or the worst hangover ever!

Wow, I really think i can remember that!

I once went when i was about 9 and i remember sitting on a bench and it was like i was upside down!

Yeah as the post above says, It's The Haunted Swing!

I just remeber it was next to a rollercoaster of somesort.

Just art work, one moves one doesn't , can't call it fascinating ::huh:

If you start thinking about the mechanisms behind the illusions - the processes which allow your brain to be fooled into perceiving motion where none exists - then it does become fascinating, if you aren't already taken with the concept. Plus, of course, as we don't yet fully understand those mechanisms, the curious can start to offer up some some ideas of their own.

Aren't you at all curious about how and why that marvellous bit of kit in your skull, the one you think is usually so reliable, can be fooled so readily?

I remember going on that years ago, it was one freaky ride, i couldnt walk straight when i got off, it felt like the room was turning and the swing thing you sat on was going to go right round and you would fall off. :o

Regarding the OP, I love these kind of things. Does anyone remember the magic eye pictures they used to sell in the hole in the road? My mates could never figure em out but I could see every one. Strange!

I remember those, it was really frustrating trying to get my mate to see it!:hihi:

I remember those, it was really frustrating trying to get my mate to see it!:hihi:

Very frustrating being the one who can't see them, too...

Only the second of the links in the OP moves for me. Dunno why I struggle with this stuff, my eyes aren't that defective.

Archived