Optical illusions: have a look at these

Very frustrating being the one who can't see them, too...

Only the second of the links in the OP moves for me. Dunno why I struggle with this stuff, my eyes aren't that defective.

Are you viewing them on a small screen, or one which hasn't had the brightness/contrast settings optimised? The larger the image the better, and good contrast is important; fuzziness at the image edges and borders can diminish the effect. Are you very near to the screen? Move back a little, if so. The illusion relies on what's going on in your visual field away from the focal point. Are you consciously focussing on the image, allowing your eyes to remain quite static on one bit of the image? If so, allow your eyes to flick around the screen.

Still not seeing it? Some people just don't, apparently.

A little bit of background here.

Here's a well-known and less elusive one that requires focus. Stare at the x for twenty to thirty seconds.

[...] Still not seeing it? Some people just don't, apparently.

A little bit of background here.

Here's a well-known and less elusive one that requires focus. Stare at the x for twenty to thirty seconds.

Still no joy with the very first one, but the x in the circle I can get to work. Have to concentrate quite hard - fun though!

Thre was a ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach that was based on an optical illusion. You sat on a long bench & the room started spinning around, unfortunately I didn't strap my self in & although I didn't throw myself out of the seat & it just fely like being in the middle of a giant tumble drier - either that or the worst hangover ever!

OMG i've been on that - the haunted swing!! And the voice which goes 'huurrrrrry huuuuurrrry'! We didn't know what it was because you couldn't see the ride. we came out looking :gag: I swear I nearly did hurl :gag:

Thre was a ride at Blackpool Pleasure Beach that was based on an optical illusion. You sat on a long bench & the room started spinning around, unfortunately I didn't strap my self in & although I didn't throw myself out of the seat & it just fely like being in the middle of a giant tumble drier - either that or the worst hangover ever!

the ride was the magic swing I remember it left you with a very dodgy feeling lol

• 1 month later...

Archived