Very expensive puncture repair

We used to change tyres using a couple of crowbars and a sledgehammer (BRISCA F1):D

Like I said, it would be cheaper just to get it done professionally, rather than buy those tools AND put the effort in. Then the op needs to buy the patch-plug, an abrasive flap-wheel, the rubber buffer fluid and the vulcanising fluid. They also need to know what kind of puncture is repairable and how to do it.

Changing tyres with levers and a sledgehammer is annoying also IMO, I'd rather pay someone else :D

Absolutely. There are two parts of my car that I am fanatical about... the tyres and the brakes. I can't understand why anyone would take a chance with either of them.

I don't spend all day polishing mine, or adding pretty lights to it though:cool:

spot on.

I had puncture repaired for £12.50, then a couple of days later I had a long journey at 2 am. The thought of it failing on the M/way !!

New tyre £75..........some things are priceless as the ad says.

Hi

Getting punctures repaired is no big deal - go to a respected outfit - normally they will give you an honest opinion, repair or repalce tyre - ythey balance it as well.

Never heard of a puncture repair being responsible for a blow-out but could be wrong.

Als remember buying a cheap tyre can cause skid/accidents. A good quality tye can stop a car up to 50 feet before a cheap one does.

Archived