Is £10 an hour reasonable payment for gardening work?

They may not pay £10 per hour but it will cost them at least £10ph to employ them. Basic wage plus h&s clothing, holiday pay, sick pay, employers NI, equipment and van.

I have a village idiot do my weeding twice a year.

I pay him £20 a time at it takes him between 1 and 2 hours. He is gratefull and so am I.

I hope he's reading this and puts his prices up.:hihi::hihi:..............

Minimum wage I would want to pay, after all it's only a labouring job, not brain surgery.

Regards

Angel.

You're absolutely right and that is why a surgeon's salary will be six figures equating to an hourly rate of £100 per hour. :rolleyes:

Judging by your contribution to the thread I would surmise that you have been a patient of the £10 per hour variety. :D

A gardener is not a labourer he/she is an artist, if you have a magnificent garden like I myself have you need to know that the work done on it is a top job.

That's why I only but my wife the best tools and equipment.

She has just finished a six hour shift on our garden and it was a pleasure to see her at work. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:....

We are having two open days at the end of this month, coach parties are welcome.

i have a gardener and he does a great job for£10 an hour he will do all the usual things, cut grass, plant, plants, and bedding plants, prune trees and shrubs, in fact anything we ask him all for £10 per hour plus the obligatory mug of tea, he will even cone slight rain and damp hang on to him

Archived