Is £10 an hour reasonable payment for gardening work?

Poppins is likely to faint when she reads this, ask them to have a butchers at their tackle. Old mucky power tools, no wheel barrow, no ladders etc; forget them. My guy has brand new stuff and even has a green bag bin, so that he can throw the stuff in. He cuts a 60 foot long x 7 feet high conifer hedge for £30.00 (3 hours work).

The minimum wage guys generally want to use your tools and take ages doing a crap job.

There again she might get lucky and get the job for free..

There again she might get lucky and get the job for free..

The minimum wage ought to be £10 an hour but I suppose that’s one for another thread.

Before anyone says it I know its not feasible …….. but can a young bloke pay rent / mortgage and look after a family on less than £400 a week minus stoppages …….. no wonder there is a need for “fiddle” jobs.

Yep that'd really encourage businesses to set up here..

It was a general observation ……………… I am just glad I am 51 and not 21 with the way things are today.

The minimum wage ought to be £10 an hour but I suppose that’s one for another thread.

Before anyone says it I know its not feasible

Archived