Why has Switzerland got such a strong currency?

No matter what- they always do well. Any reason?

The Swiss have been the richest people in the world for a long time when you look at GDP per capita.

I can only speculate, but I suspect that the start came with profits from the storage of the plundering of the Nazi regime from WWII and more recently have helped wealthy tax dodgers to hide their ill gotten gains from Taxation and other reasons a person might want to hide their money in secret Swiss bank accounts.

The swiss banking system is notorious for its deep secrecy. *Allegedly* for generations their many banks have been happy to hold funds from criminals and others who wish to hide their wealth from their own country or the worldwide financial industry.

They did this long before the Nazi era, but recently their banking sector has become noted for off shore deposits in order to avoid tax.

Overall there are trillians of dollars of currency deposited in swiss banks and this gives them an incredibly strong financial sector.

The Swiss have been the richest people in the world for a long time when you look at GDP per capita.

I can only speculate, but I suspect that the start came with profits from the storage of the plundering of the Nazi regime from WWII and more recently have helped wealthy tax dodgers to hide their ill gotten gains from Taxation and other reasons a person might want to hide their money in secret Swiss bank accounts.

I was going to suggest hidden Nazi gold as well :)

Archived