Brian humberstone

Hi,

I lived at 52 Sheaf Gardens from 1948 to 1964. I had a friend called Mary Humberstone who also lived at Sheaf Gardens she would now be about 65 ish.

I did catch up with her on friends reunited.

I see you lived on Manton Street. My best friend lived on Manton Street in the back to back houses at the top. She was from a big family called Turner. Marilyn, Melvyn, Margaret, Lynda, Dianne and a younger one. Their house was in the yard. I also remember Mrs Palmer whose house was on Manton Street next door to Mr and Mrs Jones.

Do you remember the shop half way down the street owned by Mr and Mrs Bennett?

and Jimmy Lee who lived just about opposite Mrs Palmer.

We used to have a big bonfire every Guy Fawkes Night in the yard.

I see you have moved from the UK.I did too over 20 years ago.

Carol

:)

thank you carol you must have known most of us who lived in Manton st

I remember all the people you mention and certainly the back to back houses we lived in. my mother who lived at no 6 passed away a few years ago at the

age of 98 and she moved up to be near her family to Newcastle as both my brother Danny and myself left Sheffield a long time ago.I think Brian Humberstone had a son called Paul I wonder what happened to him?

do you really live in Cyprus because I was there in 1951 for a short time on my way to Egypt with the army its a lovely place and after Sheffield a paradise

and the first time Iknew that oranges grew on tree s and not in the greengrocers called Charlesworth s on St Marys rd .

As I was there from 1947 to 1950 we may have known each other .

thanks for all the information Len

• 1 year later...

POST REVIVAL!!!

Brain Humberstone of whom you are talking about is my Grandfather.

He was a painter and decorator for a long time, lived in Sheaf gardens for a while then Heeley Green then worksop.

he was married to my nan Jean Humberstone (Depledge)

They had 3 Children 3 sons.

Paul (my dad)

Mark

Peter

and if my adding is correct they have 11 grand children to date.

POST REVIVAL!!!

He was a painter and decorator for a long time, lived in Sheaf gardens for a while then Heeley Green then worksop.

Paul (my dad)

Mark

Peter

Mark humberstone? does he live in Rotherham ?

Hi Richard

your Grandad and I worked together putting up T V aerials before I moved to Southampton to get married .I would like to know all about your

family as I have memories of your dad,s family particularly his aunt who

sold crockery on the market.if you can Email me at lenpal1@optusnet.com.au I would like to hear about what has happened over the

last 50 years or so to your family

Regards Len

• 1 year later...
POST REVIVAL!!!

Paul (my dad)

Mark

Peter

Hi I have found your Nan & grandads marriage & birth certificates in a bag of items donated to Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice & I would like to return them please call Hospice

Regards

Sue Brown

Edited by dpw8998
Brian Humberstone's Family

• 11 months later...
Hi I have found your Nan & grandads marriage & birth certificates in a bag of items donated to Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice & I would like to return them please call Hospice

Regards

Sue Brown

Hi, long time since I was on this site. Are the documents still available? I am Richard Humberstone Brian's grandson. Paul and heathers youngest child. I am now living in Dubai but if I give my parents details I'm sure they would love to have the documents. My nannan is still alive I'm sure she would love them

---------- Post added 17-04-2016 at 19:50 ----------

Hi Paul just read the post re your mum& Dads documents , I would like to hear from you as to how the family have done over the years

regards Len Palmer

If you still use the site you can email me on richard@smartfitness.ae