Will you pop to the Church for some fags, vodka and lottery tickets?

They're selling them on to make money, nobody uses them because we've stopped believing in fantasy figures. Why should the building stand empty. Bet all those who are complaining never go to church anyway so why suddenly get on their high horse. A building needs people in for it to come to life otherwise it disintegrates and dies - what I hate is to see beautiful old buildings laying empty and decaying

Shame to see a former church becoming a lowly supermarket. Far better to convert it to an alternative religious/cultural/community/educational use; many old churches here in Sheffield have been thus rehabilitated, such as St. George's by the University...

The capitalist in me says a supermarket is far better than a funded community centre that would be left to rot by some daft lefty group without a clue.

A mosque would be a fine use for an old church as Islam is taking over from Christianity as the majority religion in the UK.

If there was still a demnad for church, it would not have been sold to Tesco.

If there was no demand for Tesco it would have closed down by now.

I wonder how many people at the bakery counter say "give us this day our daily bread"

The capitalist in me says a supermarket is far better than a funded community centre that would be left to rot by some daft lefty group without a clue.

A mosque would be a fine use for an old church as Islam is taking over from Christianity as the majority religion in the UK.

I'd much rather a Church was replaced by a Mosque than a tesco.

If there was still a demnad for church, it would not have been sold to Tesco.

If there was no demand for Tesco it would have closed down by now.

I wonder how many people at the bakery counter say "give us this day our daily bread"

About the same number who ask the fishmonger if 2 fishes would feed 5 thousand and if they can turn a bottle of springwater into chateau la fitte:hihi::hihi::hihi::love:

Archived