The Dronfield Arms pub

Andy C

None of the pubs you mention though are venues where you go to listen to music - the soundtrack is designed to be purely background with the atmosphere being one of friends in conversation. Perhaps a more lively 'disco' pub such as the Blue Stoops would suit or maybe the Coach & Horses jam night?

I'd have suggested Tuesday nights at The White Swan myself. Oh and I'll be at the beer tasting evening @ Dronny Arms along with girlfriend!

sounds like a good idea! Will we get a list of brews being tasted, multiple choice questions?

Is it a team game?

You get a sheet with a list of possible beers with tasting notes for each one. From those tasting notes you have to work out which beer is which.

Its each person for themselves although you are welcome to create informal teams on your table! Just remember you all need tickets and there can be only one winner!

I think they've done a nice job of refurbing the Dronfield Arms. I was pleased to see they have a choice of wines as well - something that is important if I am out with my dearest. It's always struck me as odd that many "real ale" pubs go to such lengths to have a variety of beers yet don't appear to give any thought at all to having a few nice wines available. So, well done to Dronny Arms.

The pub was fairly empty and devoid of atmosphere when I called - but it was early evening midweek. I hope they do well out of it anyhow.

Well, I had a superb pint this evening, on my way back from a committee meeting of the Dronfield Footpaths and Bridleways Association, so I was well ready for a thirst quencher.

The pub was quiet, and I had a really nice chat with the landlord. Blimey, he is a hard worker: deserves to succeed. Walking past the White Lion: it was still booming out there!

You may be a drug dealer but a real ale pub would be an unlikely place to sell.

I was talking to a couple in the three tuns saying we were going to call in to have a look , it happened to be some of their friends standing outside having a smoke . One gave the other a tenner to get some drinks and they were asked to leave :huh:

Archived