Can asylum be revoked once the threat has been removed ?

So you want all asylum seekers to be banned from working and forced to live on less than what is deemed the minimum amount for a native unemployed person, for what could be an indefinite period?

That is your ideal solution is it? Perhaps 40 years down the line when they still can't go home you will be happy for them to still be here, living off next to nothing, contributing nothing to society and generally feeling worthless, when they could well have contributed massively to this countries prosperity. All so you can send them home? Pretty bloody twisted if you ask me.

Its better than your solution which appears to be come here for asylum, here's a passport and the job center is that way, hope you get a job and the local population out of work don't take offence to you.

I know which message I would sooner give out to any would be migrant coming here to float our systems of compassion for economic reasons.

There is no real solution as such, all we can do is tighten our belts as the people seeking to come here escalates in order t give the real claimants a chance. What exactly is the problem with revoking a status no longer valid ?

Let me throw something else into the equation we as part of NATO we were bombing pro Gadaffi installations to protect civilians who were pro the rebels.

Now if the side we were against feel threatened do we grant them asylum ?

Im not sure how it works, I assume that you have to be fleeing a ruling party and not actually be the ruling party that has lost power. Besides the fact that the people as soon as they are running the country properly will want to get justice legally and as long as we recognize their right to do that or take the cases on yourself in the Hague, then that would be acceptable and anyone wanting to evade that would be seen as trying to evade justice and not warranting asylum.

Its got a lot to do with how we view the legitimacy of governments and have confidence in their capacity for justice.

Let me throw something else into the equation we as part of NATO we were bombing pro Gadaffi installations to protect civilians who were pro the rebels.

Now if the side we were against feel threatened do we grant them asylum ?

i bet you a tenner we do :hihi: then refer to my post (97) and answer that :suspect:

Its better than your solution which appears to be come here for asylum, here's a passport and the job center is that way, hope you get a job and the local population out of work don't take offence to you.

Asylum seekers don't get a passport. That comes with citizenship which is granted seperately.

Secondly, if I went for a job and an asylum seeker got it, then the problem would be mine. If they were the best person for the job then good for them.

Asylum seekers don't get a passport. That comes with citizenship which is granted seperately.

Secondly, if I went for a job and an asylum seeker got it, then the problem would be mine. If they were the best person for the job then good for them.

I did not say they do, does anyone actually read whats being put on this forum ? :hihi:

if an asylum seeker got the job he would be breaking the law :hihi:

Archived