Can asylum be revoked once the threat has been removed ?

You can't just make it up to suit you. Asylum isn't granted on a temporary basis.

If you are given asylum

If you are recognised as a refugee, you will be given asylum and a residence permit that allows you to enter and stay in the United Kingdom for an initial period of five years. If you have any dependants, they will be given the same permission. Your case owner will help you to build a life in this country by giving you the documents and information you need.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/process/decision/

How do you know they don't?

Mecky, I should have probably expanded on my point a bit more no I don't no that as a fact, I had a search for some figures for percentage that do actually return home but couldn't find anything of interest.

Do you know that the majority of them do actually return to there homeland? I just suspect not, as once they set up life in Britain I suspect most would stay.

As the people fleeing there country for risk of death persecution or what ever reason, The problem they are fleeing from does not end over a few weeks months often years before the problem is resolved in there home land.

The problem is the high number of illegal 'immigrants' in the country but a lot of people put Genuine Asylum seekers in the same category

Its okay I can hear you. Perhaps we could offer financial support to move back then. If its about money, it would save thousands if they are, as frequently alleged, all on benefits..

Didn't they at one point or possibly still do get given money if they voluntary went back?

Mecky, I should have probably expanded on my point a bit more no I don't no that as a fact, I had a search for some figures for percentage that do actually return home but couldn't find anything of interest.

Do you know that the majority of them do actually return to there homeland? I just suspect not, as once they set up life in Britain I suspect most would stay.

As the people fleeing there country for risk of death persecution or what ever reason, The problem they are fleeing from does not end over a few weeks months often years before the problem is resolved in there home land.

The problem is the high number of illegal 'immigrants' in the country but a lot of people put Genuine Asylum seekers in the same category

Yes I do, since everyone knows I work in immigration. And it isn't, "let them all in," as people think; that kind of rubbish is spouted by the likes of Daily Mail to influence public opinion to promote the newspaper's own political goals. It's just sensationalist rubbish.

Yes I do, since everyone knows I work in immigration. And it isn't, "let them all in," as people think; that kind of rubbish is spouted by the likes of Daily Mail to influence public opinion to promote the newspaper's own political goals. It's just sensationalist rubbish.

Do you have any evidence eg figures percentages about how many do actually return to the home land?

As I am interested in the actual number.

Archived