RecommendedWedding Photographer/Videographer

**A WARNING TO ALL**

I have recently has a call for a last minute booking due to a photographer doing a runner with the couples money.

His operated under a company called Wedding Quick, but after taking the cash the website has gone and his phone is disconnected. If anyone has booked this guy please check it out asap.

Best advice I can give couples is do not part with money until they have met with their proposed photographer! Signing a contract is something I do with my clients to offer peice of mind that legally binds my duties after I have taken deposit therefore cancelling out any chance of this happening!

sorry to hear about this anyhow!

good luck with your new photographer

Shakespeare Photography (based at Magna)

http://shakespearephotography.co.uk/

enquiries@shakespearestudios.co.uk

Tel: 01709 789 400 (Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 7pm)

They are awesome - I have used them for professional wedding pictures and family pictures. Very professional - but book early or hope for a canellation as they get very busy :)

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to know who not to book as a photographer please PM me. We got married in 2009 and still do not have our Wedding Album. This is due to me been too upset to deal with choosing the pic's for the Album. Of course now I have chosen what Im having in the Album said photographer is dragging his feet in completing it as he is obviously aware how unhappy we are. I wouldn't want anyone else to feel the disappointment that we feel.

x

Because we were so disappointed in the photographs

Ah, not good... although to make any sort of a judgement about the situation I also think it would be fair to know how much was paid, whether your saw a portfolio beforehand, what the contract stated (if you had one).

I don't say this to question that you aren't rightly disappointed however in many cases people do get what they pay for. I see so many people opting for as cheap as possible hobbiest/wannabe pros and then they get burned.

Anyone hiring a photographer for their wedding without a contract is taking a huge risk, likewise one without insurance. Also some hobbiest/wannabe pros simply don't have the equipment needed for some lighting situations... e.g. dark church, no flash or tripods allowed, shooting from the back.

Like I said I can't judge your situation however I heard of so many stories which all sound so similar.

A lot of amateurs see wedding photography as and easy source of extra income. Having worked in many areas of photography myself it is often one of the hardest to work in. You have little control over lighting, it is fast paced and high pressure. The flow of every wedding is massively dynamic and you have to be able to adapt to constantly changing circumstances (and emotions). On top of this if your kit breaks you need to have backup... and sometimes a backup for your backup equipment. You don't get a second chance.

Archived