Does anyone actually LIKE having long fingernails??

I'm completely the opposite, I've had long nails since I was fairly young but they're currently in terrible condition so I decided to cut them off.

Normal tasks are a nightmare for me, it took me weeks to be able to type at the same speed as I did with my nails. And I've been nearly in tears on more than one occasion because I couldn't undo the knots in my shoelaces!

The only thing that really annoyed me about having long nails was trying to get lip balm out of tubs - impossible without getting a lump of goo stuck under the tip!

Is there a difference between real/fake long nails? I've only worn false ones once and lasted about an hour before ripping them off because I couldn't do ANYTHING, whilst wearing them.

Is there a difference between real/fake long nails? I've only worn false ones once and lasted about an hour before ripping them off because I couldn't do ANYTHING, whilst wearing them.

Yes, a HUGE difference. Natural long nails don't cause the same problems because they're thinner. My silk dust, teamed with the extensions, have made the nails 3 times thicker than normal, which is where the problems come from.

To top it all off, scratching just aint what it used to be. :sad::hihi:

No, long nails are completely disgusting. Seeing someone with big horrible talons tapping away at things make me feel ill :gag: And they trap dirt too :gag::gag::gag:

I second this! Mine don't come past the tips of my fingers, I can't stand having them longer.

Plus they'd be no good for work.

I second this! Mine don't come past the tips of my fingers, I can't stand having them longer.

Plus they'd be no good for work.

Thirded. (Is that a thing?)

The hygiene aspect hadn't occurred to me before but long nails just seem so impractical. Not something I'd ever aspire to, especially not fake ones.

I can't help thinking there'd be a risk of hurting yourself, or other people, in certain situations, too...

ive had long nails since i was about 8 ( was a girly girl ) never had a problem doing anything with them, guess im just so used to it now

men with long fingernails thou are just a no for me. by all means guys keep them clean and tidy but long and painted just dont do it for me on a man

Natural long nails don't cause the same problems because they're thinner.

They SO do!! I have naturally long nails, around the same length as yours, which I am constantly cutting as they grow so quick. Texting is a complete nightmare, I often have to get other people to open things for me, and small buttons are a real pain. I know it's time to get them when typing on a keyboard gets difficult!

With them being so long, I do get a bit of nail OCD and they are kept religiously clean, I can't bear the thought of gross nails. Disposable gloves are a necessity when preparing messy food or raw meat to stop any nasties :gag:

Scratching however, is so much better than with extensions :hihi:

Ian Fleming described James Bond's favoured girls as wearing lipstick, having short fingernails and not painting them or their toenails.

Two out of three then... :D I can't stand wearing nail varnish, either. Feels like my fingers can't breathe!

I have naturally long nails and keep them clean and well manicured. I file them squarish not pointed but don't have them too long. I don't really find anything difficult to do. If I break one I tend to cut the others shorter so it doesn't look odd - that's when I have problems doing things & it feels awful touching things with my fingertips.

Archived