Trampolining to lose weight?

Hi,

Im wondering if adults can use trampolines to lose weight as well as dieting and power walking. Not looking for other suggestions just wondering if trampolining is any good. A lot of websites say it is and give you tips on how to do it properly, but there seems a stigma attached that its just for kids.

Many thanks :)

I'm sure that if you bounce for an hour or so you'll use up more calories than if you sat in front of your tv for the same amout of time. However, as an adult, how many minutes/hours could you honestly spend bouncing around on a trampline?

Hi,

Im wondering if adults can use trampolines to lose weight as well as dieting and power walking. Not looking for other suggestions just wondering if trampolining is any good. A lot of websites say it is and give you tips on how to do it properly, but there seems a stigma attached that its just for kids.

Talk about bumping!! :hihi: :hihi:

It's commonly known as rebounding as a form of exercise. I use mine for 30 minutes 3 times a week. It's a low impact exercise but burns a lot of calories. I tend to jog on mine but there are dvds you can buy to mix it up a bit. One bit of advice I would give you from doing this for 10 years is do not waste money on the cheap rebounders you buy in places like Argos. The springs break on them after a couple of months and you have to buy another. They are poor quality. I invested in a gym quality one over 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I got it from http://rebound-uk.com/node/308/Rebounders

The extra cost is worth it!

Hi,

Anything that gets the heart beating faster is good. go for it:)

It's commonly known as rebounding as a form of exercise. I use mine for 30 minutes 3 times a week. It's a low impact exercise but burns a lot of calories. I tend to jog on mine but there are dvds you can buy to mix it up a bit. One bit of advice I would give you from doing this for 10 years is do not waste money on the cheap rebounders you buy in places like Argos. The springs break on them after a couple of months and you have to buy another. They are poor quality. I invested in a gym quality one over 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I got it from http://rebound-uk.com/node/308/Rebounders

The extra cost is worth it!

Hello, no its not one of those i want, its an actual trampoline with enclosure as the kiddies will be playing on it as well.

I know what you mean about rubbish ones though. Ive heard the make 'rebo' is a good quality one. :)

Archived