Trampolining to lose weight?

Well some of the responses have been helpful. From reading about this ive come to rhe conclusion that ANY additional fun activity as long as its part of a healthy diet and other exercise will help lose weight and/or keep fit. After my 3 mile brisk walk today i would normally come home and watch a bit of tv but instead i went on my friends trampoline for half an hour. Thats half an hour more exercise than normal so got to be a bonus!

I know a few adults who don't mind using the kids trampoline, me for one :hihi:. It does burn quite a few calories in a short space of time and is great for toning.

I wouldn't worry about the trampoline being for kids, I do get a few odd looks but hey, I'm having more fun than they are!

What's it matter if people look at you funny? As long as you're having a laugh, that's all the matters innit? :D

If you're looking ror an inexpensive Trampoline, TJ Hughes in Town sell them for around£90 I think.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Im wondering if adults can use trampolines to lose weight as well as dieting and power walking. Not looking for other suggestions just wondering if trampolining is any good. A lot of websites say it is and give you tips on how to do it properly, but there seems a stigma attached that its just for kids.

Many thanks :)

It succeeds by displacement.It requires some animation which prevents the bouncing person from eating.If you tramp you cannot eat;in addition you will consume a lot of calories bouncing.I would advise that you read your insurance policy with care in case you damage the ceiling with your head or the joists with your kinetic energy.I know that you can order TTT(Tentontessie)trampolines from Fatbirds

http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/

which should suffice

Archived