Just bought a Flag pole.

Which flag should I have on my pole?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which flag should I have on my pole?

In 1990 the Voyager 1 space craft took a photograph from a record distance of 4 billion miles from Earth. That picture is this. We're on that pale blue dot. There are no other blue dots like ours that we know of. We're simply the dominant species on a planet. We're all the same. we're humans on Earth. Flags and nationalities don't mean squat when you really think about it. Go on, have a think.

In 1990 the Voyager 1 space craft took a photograph from a record distance of 4 billion miles from Earth. That picture is this. We're on that pale blue dot. There are no other blue dots like ours that we know of. We're simply the dominant species on a planet. We're all the same. we're humans on Earth. Flags and nationalities don't mean squat when you really think about it. Go on, have a think.

:roll:not:roll:really:roll:the:roll:point:roll:

Oh it is. Why keep looking for things that divide?
Do we have to look for things that divide? Human nature is to be competitive and protective. As we're not all brought up under the same culture, politics and moral doctrine, that means there is inevitable rivalry - whether it's between crown bowling teams, African tribes or world states.

If we're all the same and the differences didn't matter, that would be great - real Utopia stuff.

Sadly we're not the same, and the differences do matter.

Archived