Just bought a Flag pole.

Which flag should I have on my pole?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which flag should I have on my pole?

are you going to raise and lower with ceremony every day?

I was in the RN and we refered to it as 'putting the queen to bed'

8am every morining we got her up, and put her to bed at sunset every evening, with salutes and whistles!

are you going to raise and lower with ceremony every day?

I was in the RN and we refered to it as 'putting the queen to bed'

8am every morining we got her up, and put her to bed at sunset every evening, with salutes and whistles!

We got her up at 6 in the Army:P

Don't forget to check the Union Flag is the right way up, otherwise you'll have the flag police disparaging you as being unpatriotic filth.

No, he'll end up with people mocking him for being a "patriot" who is not patriotic enough to understand which way the flag should be hung.

No, he'll end up with people mocking him for being a "patriot" who is not patriotic enough to understand which way the flag should be hung.

Yes quite. Now lets be honest about this shall we?

The people that would mock a person for flying a Union Flag incorrectly, do so for no other reason to diminish this very simple gesture of patriotism that the person chooses to make.

In fact it's most likely they'd mock flying a flag anyway, even if it was hung the right way. Seeing one the wrong way simply gives them an excuse to air their arrogant views of the people who do choose to show their patriotic side.

It's nothing more than a cheap, pathetic, opportunistic dig.

Archived