Crystal Peaks writers group

Daveeboy23

There is a very friendly and good writers group at Crystal Peaks library every Thursday afternoon at 2-00 while 3-30-4-00, depending on how many there are attending. We have read arounds [as long as they are not too long i.e a whole novel is not appreciated but a sample from it is.] We vary from poets to story and play writing and have the occasional writers workshop where an established writer comes in to give us the benefit of their experience. We also have workshops some weeks, set by our resident author and librarian John Gosnall, who dishes out the homework if we want to do it, but not compulsary. Come along and join us, we are a friendly group and only charge 50pence for a coffee and biscuits. Cheap at half the price.

There is a very friendly and good writers group at Crystal Peaks library every Thursday afternoon at 2-00 while 3-30-4-00, depending on how many there are attending. We have read arounds [as long as they are not too long i.e a whole novel is not appreciated but a sample from it is.] We vary from poets to story and play writing and have the occasional writers workshop where an established writer comes in to give us the benefit of their experience. We also have workshops some weeks, set by our resident author and librarian John Gosnall, who dishes out the homework if we want to do it, but not compulsary. Come along and join us, we are a friendly group and only charge 50pence for a coffee and biscuits. Cheap at half the price.

Trouble is that i don't finish work until 5.30,so an afternoon writers group isn't much use to me, although i would like to come.

Trouble is that i don't finish work until 5.30,so an afternoon writers group isn't much use to me, although i would like to come.

Thats a shame but there are several writers groups who meet in the evenings. The library in town should have a list of them. Some of us from Glass Mountain writers who meet at Crystal Peaks library, meet at the Cross Keys pub at Handsworth on the 3rd Tuesday in the month for a read around but we also have several people from other area's who attend with their guitars so its also a bit of a folk session. Everybody is welcome and you can jus sit and listen if you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
...we have read arounds...

Are the read arounds obligatory? I hate reading my work in public.

...50 pence for a coffee and biscuits...

What sort of biscuits?

Depending on the biscuits, I'm intending to make an appearance this week.

• 3 months later...

Archived