5.8 mag earthquake in Virginia

That's typical isn't it. My son lives in Japan but has been in Washington, then Argentina then landed back in Washington today before returning to Japan.....He'll be thinking the quakes are following him around......

That's typical isn't it. My son lives in Japan but has been in Washington, then Argentina then landed back in Washington today before returning to Japan.....He'll be thinking the quakes are following him around......

You need to keep your lad off the beans :o

It was suppose to be felt in New England where I live but didn't feel a thing, New York felt some of the Quake I hear and it's less than 50 miles from me, Maryland felt some but that depends on which County you're in, big places lots of Counties spred out.

5.8 ? Not what I would call big but a sizeable shaker. When it's up around 7.5 to 8.5 that's BIG

As the nymphomaniac said, "size doesn't matter". It's a combination of the magnitude and the depth.

A deep 5.8 shakes a house around (I know this as I've been in several) but is not much more than an underpants washing job with the possibility of having to replace a couple of picture frames that smashed as they fell off the wall.

A shallow 5.8, and 6km is shallow, can do a lot more than mean the maid has a messy job to do that evening.

Archived