Holiday destination recommendation

We once spent a winter week in Albir (between Benidorm and Altea), it was freezing cold. We have spent other winter weeks on mainland Spain and the weather has been fine, however I would go for one of the Canary Islands if I were you, Lanzarote would be nice.

I was in Albir last november and it was hot weather but in that area it could just as easily snow, I have been in Benidorm in november when it has snowed but other years we have been able to sunbathe.

I agree with you on Lanzarote, I was there in January and stayed in a lovely place called "Playa Blanca" it is as far south as you can get on the island.

I is quieter but more select than Puerto del Carmen which I visited for the day but wasn't over impressed with.

The weather was wall to wall sunshine every day.

Don't bother with most of the traditional summer resorts, they'll be empty. I ended up in Benidorm for a day once over Christmas several years ago and it was empty and not very warm.

Goa is beautiful in December, lovely and warm and there's plenty to do, things are cheap - just avoid the obvious holiday dates for the best prices.

Don't bother with most of the traditional summer resorts, they'll be empty. I ended up in Benidorm for a day once over Christmas several years ago and it was empty and not very warm.

Goa is beautiful in December, lovely and warm and there's plenty to do, things are cheap - just avoid the obvious holiday dates for the best prices.

Goa is ok after you get over the culture shock, the poverty and dirt.

I am going to Goa again and like it but the first impression is shocking.

Very hot, cheap and friendly.

We have been looking at the Canaries for Christmas this year. The prices are coming in very expensive at the moment though.:mad:

Have you looked on Teletext? We found a very reasonable price.

I was in Albir last november and it was hot weather but in that area it could just as easily snow, I have been in Benidorm in november when it has snowed but other years we have been able to sunbathe.

I agree with you on Lanzarote, I was there in January and stayed in a lovely place called "Playa Blanca" it is as far south as you can get on the island.

I is quieter but more select than Puerto del Carmen which I visited for the day but wasn't over impressed with.

The weather was wall to wall sunshine every day.

Yes Yaiza and Playa Blanca in the south, and Costa Teguise in the north, the old Teguise village is well worth a visit. If the OP wants to stay in a hotel, there's a very good Thomson Gold on Costa Teguise.

Archived