Irish (Republic) citizen applying for British citizenship.

Has this been of any luck for you?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/contactspage/contactcentres/

Nationality contact centre

Please contact the nationality contact centre if you require further support on the British citizenship section of this website. This section aims to answer all frequently asked questions on British nationality law and contains full details of:

Phone: 0845 010 5200

Email: ukbanationalityenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) 0900 - 1700. During our busy period between 1200 and 1400 you may experience problems speaking to an advisor. It is therefore advisable to call during other times of the day when we are less busy.

-----------------

Hope this is of more help.

Its a standard stamp for anyone entering in the UK regardless if you born here or not. I think I have similar in my old US passport (before I gained my UK one) When I go to the US I have to (legally) travel and enter on my US passport and when I come home I must enter on my UK passport.

You never lose your UK citizenship. My mother has lived in the US since 1971 (age 64) and only twice renewed her UK passport in that time. You can reapply for a British passport at anytime.

I didnt know you could have two different passports. I never renewed my UK passport after it expired somewhere around 1970.

I didnt even know that anybody could have dual citizenship

Why do you want it Eurovision? My husband's lived here 20 years on an Irish passport and has never applied for a British one despite being entitled both through residency and because he was actually born in the UK while his parents were working here. It has never made any difference, is there a particular reason you want one?

I didnt know you could have two different passports. I never renewed my UK passport after it expired somewhere around 1970.

You can have dual citizenship, but a lot of countries (the last I heard the USA was one of them) will strip you of your citizenship if ever you use the other passport to travel.

You can have dual citizenship, but a lot of countries (the last I heard the USA was one of them) will strip you of your citizenship if ever you use the other passport to travel.

I could imagine a problem with US Immigration if you landed with a UK passport and told them you were a US citizen

Some countries insist that if you take out their citizenship you have to renounce any other that you had - I *think* the USA used to be like this but I'm not sure.

As for collecting passports I have UK (birth) and Canadian. I know someone who has UK, Canadian, Austraila and New Zealand.... the legacy of Empire etc..

Yeap, Im a dual and thats how Im able to be here without being married.

Also, if you have children (depending on WHEN they were born), theyre entitled to holding a UK passport as well.

Archived