Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

So , taking that a lot of these cameras have failed in their so called objective of reducing accidents , would you not agree these should now be removed from the roads .?

to leave these failing cameras in place ,would only add further proof that they are there purely to raise revenue. Thats if you believe the offical line:suspect: that they are there for "SAFETY" reasons only.

The trick here is to make a note of the speed of a particular stretch of road by using the black digits on a red outlined circular sign.

Then, if conditions allow ensure that's the maximum speed reached in the vehicle, until another sign is reached, it could go up or down.

If there is a camera around, there will be an additional warning sign, plus the camera will be bright yellow.

So where does the revenue come from?

Warning other drivers of an upcoming cah collector( speed camera van) is an unwritten rule of the road. Every driver knows there is one of these vans lurking up the road when flashed by other motorists. Long may it continue .

Most drivers will flash other motorists to warn them of the danger up the road ( speed camera van),and i fully support it and do it myself EVERY time i pass one of these things. I see it as my duty to other motorists .

Hope this happens to you then!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3330852/Fined-for-warning-of-speed-trap.html

I think I'll "do my bit" and flash a few oncoming cars at random on my way home later, that should keep the speeders down!

The trick here is to make a note of the speed of a particular stretch of road by using the black digits on a red outlined circular sign.

Then, if conditions allow ensure that's the maximum speed reached in the vehicle, until another sign is reached, it could go up or down.

If there is a camera around, there will be an additional warning sign, plus the camera will be bright yellow.

So where does the revenue come from?

The revenue comes from the authorities cynically setting that number on the sign to be lower than is reasonable and then slightly unobservant drivers not spotting the large yellow revenue collection device whilst driving past at a safe speed that happens to be higher than the cynically low limit set.

The revenue comes from the authorities cynically setting that number on the sign to be lower than is reasonable and then slightly unobservant drivers not spotting the large yellow revenue collection device whilst driving past at a safe speed that happens to be higher than the cynically low limit set.

lol....slightly unobservant

How many clues would they need?

Perhaps we could have cameras situated over "Keep clear" signs and yellow hatched areas. The amount of money potentially made from the observant non speeders would be phenomonal.

There must be a safety reason for these signs.

Perhaps we could have cameras situated over "Keep clear" signs and yellow hatched areas. The amount of money potentially made from the observant non speeders would be phenomonal.

There must be a safety reason for these signs.

Huh

Observant non-speeder?

Archived