Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

Thanks....I can see we're all on the Front Line in this particular war. Let's get this country moving, we could start by increasing the limit on Penistone Road to 40mph, also get rid of that pesky camera. (For those who just need that extra oommph).

An appropriate limit would probably satisfy most people. Although the traffic flow might be helped more by sorting out the timing on the 25 sets of traffic lights (or even considering whether so many are needed).

I have a sneaky feeling that whatever the limit assigned to a road, there will always be a minority that feel that it doesn't apply to them, mainly based one or more of the following.

A) The performance and spec of the vehicle

B) An over inflated opinion of their driving ability

C) Impatience

D) Disregard of other road users

What possibly could be used to uphold the law against this particular minority?

So you're saying that you're right and "the many" on here are wrong?

Hmmm.....

There are many who can see it as well.

What I'm saying is exactly what I said (funny that). That I'm surprised that so many people can't see when they're being hoodwinked and apparently don't care when it's pointed out.

I have a sneaky feeling that whatever the limit assigned to a road, there will always be a minority that feel that it doesn't apply to them, mainly based one or more of the following.

A) The performance and spec of the vehicle

B) An over inflated opinion of their driving ability

C) Impatience

D) Disregard of other road users

What possibly could be used to uphold the law against this particular minority?

Police officers.

Who'd actually do a lot more to improve road safety than cameras since they're capable of detecting an endless array of dangerous behaviour, unlike cameras which can only detect one potentially dangerous thing.

Police officers.

Who'd actually do a lot more to improve road safety than cameras since they're capable of detecting an endless array of dangerous behaviour, unlike cameras which can only detect one potentially dangerous thing.

How about letting the cameras to catch the speeders, along with Red Light offenders (which never seem to be mentioned when discussing automatic offence detection).

The limited number of traffic police officers can then utilise their resources to catch other offenders, which can of course include speeders too.

How about letting the cameras to catch the speeders, along with Red Light offenders (which never seem to be mentioned when discussing automatic offence detection).

The limited number of traffic police officers can then utilise their resources to catch other offenders, which can of course include speeders too.

Do you include cyclists in with 'red light offenders' ?

Archived