Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

Of course they are serving their "purpose of safety". Making people slow down and stick to the speed limit whilst punishing those morons who dont is absolutely contributing to safety.

The camera operators are not stealing anything from you. If you do the illegal act of speeding... you pay the price. its YOUR fault that you get fined. Your comparison with the council stealing a tv is just silly.

No ,they DONT stop speeding ,they only make people slow down for the camera ,then speed up again afterwards. They do NOTHING to improve road safety.

No ,they DONT stop speeding ,they only make people slow down for the camera ,then speed up again afterwards. They do NOTHING to improve road safety.

Contradicted yourself there a bit! :) And that's the biggest problem - your reasoning against speed cameras is flawed from the outset. Its a 100% avoidable "fine" / "tax" or "punishment" whatever you want to call it, just by being vigilant and obeying the rules of the road that you were expected to adhere to when you applied for your driving licence.

you also said earlier:

No ,they just raise revenue, the sole intended purpose of speed cameras.

How do they raise revenue? From idiots contributing to their existence.

Your argument makes about as much sense as a rioter in court complaining about his sentence because he was caught by CCTV and not a real copper.

Contradicted yourself there a bit! :) And that's the biggest problem - your reasoning against speed cameras is flawed from the outset. Its a 100% avoidable "fine" / "tax" or "punishment" whatever you want to call it, just by being vigilant and obeying the rules of the road that you were expected to adhere to when you applied for your driving licence.

you also said earlier:

How do they raise revenue? From idiots contributing to their existence.

Your argument makes about as much sense as a rioter in court complaining about his sentence because he was caught by CCTV and not a real copper.

I contend that mobile speed traps are tampered with by bent coppers in order to fine people who were not in excess of the speed limit. That is why they will not provide the evidence unless you go to court. They realise that most people will just take the hit as they would lose a days work going to court. The whole system is rigged against the persecuted drivers.

I contend that mobile speed traps are tampered with by bent coppers in order to fine people who were not in excess of the speed limit.

Lol, the extremes people are going to to try and excuse their lack of attention on the road and try and blame cameras for their poor driving is just getting better and better! :)

Lol, the extremes people are going to to try and excuse their lack of attention on the road and try and blame cameras for their poor driving is just getting better and better! :)

But is it poor driving. ?

What is the more dangerous . A driver driving at 35mph in a 30 zone , driving in a safe ,careful manner OR a driver driving at 28mph in a 30 zone tailgateing another car ?

The second driver may be driving within the speed limit ,BUT is driving in a dangerous manner, where as the driver travelling slightly over the limit ,keeping a safe distance between himself and other road users , is far less likey to have an accident , BUT is the one who will be penalised.

Now ,you tell me that is right.

I contend that mobile speed traps are tampered with by bent coppers in order to fine people who were not in excess of the speed limit. That is why they will not provide the evidence unless you go to court. They realise that most people will just take the hit as they would lose a days work going to court. The whole system is rigged against the persecuted drivers.

Total bull****!

I won't even bother asking you for any evidence of this because you don't have any.

It is just your opinion! :hihi:

John X

Mobile speed traps do not stop people who are driving over the limit from continuing their journey. It must therefore be safe to drive at that speed as the police would not allow people who drive dangerously to be on the roads.:D

I was out driving in Derbyshire this morning when the traffic suddenly became very slow, It became apparent later down the road that the reason for this was the presence of a cow at the side of the road, festooned with pound notes. The motorists were taking no chances, I guess, in case the cow had been fitted with a speed camera.:cool:

Archived