Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

You don't have to pay anything if you aren't a mindless, semi sighted cretin who drives too fast.

Being intelligent and because I observe the road when I drive, I've never had to pay the optional speed tax for idiots.

On the A689, the % speeding has gone down from 47% to 3%.

On the A177 the number of casualties has gone from 2 killed 15 injured to 2 injured. The number of accidents has gone from 9 to 1. In 6 of the last 9 years on this stretch there have been no accidents or injuries whatsoever.

Statistics eh, wonder why that wasn't in the report.

Cherry picking at it's best :rolleyes:

You don't have to pay anything if you aren't a mindless, semi sighted cretin who drives too fast.

Being intelligent and because I observe the road when I drive, I've never had to pay the optional speed tax for idiots.

Lots of speed cameras in Indonesia are there? :rolleyes:

Perhaps there are, they just can't see you all the way up there on that incredibly high horse of yours.

It's funny how drivers only post threads about how persecuted they are by speed cameras, bus gates, potholes, road tax, etc, etc, but never about the number of accidents some of them cause or the number of people, including each other, they kill. Some of them seem to think it's a basic human right to act like a tosspot once they get behind the wheel of a vehicle regardless of the consequences. I wonder how long it will be before Sheffvan1 is on here comparing himself to Joan of Arc.

Cyclone,

It's not just speed cameras that are used to fleece the motorist, just look at the supposed 'green' taxes we have to pay on fuel.

I say we put an extra tax on bus journeys...

To pay for saliva removal from the windows ;)

i am split wity my oppinions on speed cameras.

i read the following yesterday

A speed camera was erected on the A329 in Little Milton, Oxfordshire, in 1997 despite there being no collisions or casualties for five years.

Over the next five years there were five collisions and ten casualties.

In 2009, the camera caught just over 3,600 drivers breaking the 30mph limit.

A camera was installed on the A1134 Newmarket Road in Cambridgeshire in 1997 following five minor casualties.

Last year – when 1,027 drivers were caught breaking the 30mph speed limit – there were seven injuries, two of them serious.

Figures from 89 cameras in Humberside reveal that in 19 cases the number of pedestrian casualties is up since their introduction.

And a camera was installed on the A3060 in Dorset in 2002 following two minor collisions the previous year.

The following year – when 1,724 drivers were prosecuted for speeding – three people were injured.

when that stuff is read i think some cameras are needed but there are some others than arent.

i am split wity my oppinions on speed cameras.

i read the following yesterday

A speed camera was erected on the A329 in Little Milton, Oxfordshire, in 1997 despite there being no collisions or casualties for five years.

Over the next five years there were five collisions and ten casualties.

In 2009, the camera caught just over 3,600 drivers breaking the 30mph limit.

A camera was installed on the A1134 Newmarket Road in Cambridgeshire in 1997 following five minor casualties.

Last year – when 1,027 drivers were caught breaking the 30mph speed limit – there were seven injuries, two of them serious.

Figures from 89 cameras in Humberside reveal that in 19 cases the number of pedestrian casualties is up since their introduction.

And a camera was installed on the A3060 in Dorset in 2002 following two minor collisions the previous year.

The following year – when 1,724 drivers were prosecuted for speeding – three people were injured.

when that stuff is read i think some cameras are needed but there are some others than arent.

Good post.

I think that the cameras should be used outside schools, old folks homes, accident blackspots, hospitals, etc. More so than speed bumps, which just cause more congestion / pollution.

Whats this about the DoT?

The DoT carried out the report that says, (to put it simply so the less educated on here can make sense of it)

Speed cameras do not work in reducing accidents. In some cases they have CAUSED accidents.

Now, does that simple explanation make sense to those on here who blatently could not understand the DoT Report.

Regards

Angel.

Archived