Speed Camera's - Cash Cows.

...But in any event, that's the whole point. This argument should be about where the limit should be set. Nobody in their right mind would argue that people should be entitled to break the law and that catching them is a bad thing - yet, when it comes to speeding laws, many people are not in their right mind.

there's a road near to my office..it's a dual carriageway with armco down the middle...was a posted 50mph...now it's been changed to 60 mph..tell me how it was "dangerous" to drive there at 60 the day before the speed limit change but now it's OK? Same road,no changes....

there's a road near to my office..it's a dual carriageway with armco down the middle...was a posted 50mph...now it's been changed to 60 mph..tell me how it was "dangerous" to drive there at 60 the day before the speed limit change but now it's OK? Same road,no changes....

Are you saying that it should have stayed at 50?

Are you saying that it should have stayed at 50?

No,just asking how 60 can be dangerous one day but not the next? You seem to be saying that speed limits are there for safety..how do you reconcile the above situation? Genuine question...

Don't speed and they are not a problem yada yada yada

Stretch of the A1 goes from a 70mph to a 50mph back to a 70mph, the 50mph part has two speed camera's, I know they are there as I drive regular, a couple of occasion I have been slightly distracted and forgot to reduce speed until I saw the camera and jumped on the brakes - why = because I am human and make mistakes

Forgetting to reduce speed danger factor on that part of road 2/10 maybe? - no houses no pedestrians nothing really of note at all

Jumping on the brakes because of a speed camera and slight human error danger factor I would say 7/10

Conclusion, all the camera does is decrease road safety in my eyes there

obviously many more examples and factors in other ones.

Tear them down!

Don't speed and they are not a problem yada yada yada

Stretch of the A1 goes from a 70mph to a 50mph back to a 70mph, the 50mph part has two speed camera's, I know they are there as I drive regular, a couple of occasion I have been slightly distracted and forgot to reduce speed until I saw the camera and jumped on the brakes - why = because I am human and make mistakes

Forgetting to reduce speed danger factor on that part of road 2/10 maybe? - no houses no pedestrians nothing really of note at all

Jumping on the brakes because of a speed camera and slight human error danger factor I would say 7/10

obviously many more examples and factors in other ones.

Tear them down!

Are you talking about the Elkesley part of the A1 near Worksop? The speed limit was put there years ago after a couple of "cross-over" crashes ( as I remember)..this can't happen now due to the Armco being there..yet the cameras remain..another one for the "cameras save lives " statistics..

Only because it is visible.

No,just asking how 60 can be dangerous one day but not the next? You seem to be saying that speed limits are there for safety..how do you reconcile the above situation?

I don't. You are making my point for me!

We should be discussing what the limits should be, and setting them appropriately.

Are you talking about the Elkesley part of the A1 near Worksop? The speed limit was put there years ago after a couple of "cross-over" crashes ( as I remember)..this can't happen now due to the Armco being there..yet the cameras remain..another one for the "cameras save lives " statistics..

yea thats the one, thanks for throwing in another valid reason they should not be there,,, there are many more camera like this all over the country.

yea thats the one, thanks for throwing in another valid reason they should not be there,,, there are many more camera like this all over the country.

There are two at a junction near to where I live..ther were a couple of accidents there before the cameras were installed..then they put up traffic lights but the cameras are still there..another site where accidents have reduced but more because of the traffic lights than cameras...still,another one for the stats eh?

Archived