Charity Speed Dating - would you take part?

geckoqueen

Would you attend a charity speed dating event, how much would you pay for the ticket?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend a charity speed dating event, how much would you pay for the ticket?

• Yes - I'd pay less than £10
    • Yes - I'd pay £10-£15
    • Yes - I'd pay over £15
    • Yes - depending on... (please state)
    • No, sorry not my thing

Right... things are starting to take shape... I am in serious talks with a pub but it looks like it'll be a work night and is probably going to be January now. I'll have a proper date as soon as I can, so please speak now with preferences.

Also, I have the fundraiser pack from Cancer Research here. As soon as I have some further details I'll be sending it off to them.

So, some requests:

- attendees/potential attendees please PM me your details

- Is anyone willing to volunteer to help out on the night?

- Can anyone put posters up when I have them? or any thoughts on where to put them?

Its basically an event for singles where there's the same number of men and women (in this case between 10 and 15) and they take part in short 3 minutes dates.

It means that you can learn about a person and decide if you like them, but if you don't click then you don't have to sit being polite for an hour or so.

At the end of the 10-15 dates you decide which ones you want to meet again and if they want to meet you we will exhcange your number/email and you can take it from there.

They reckon in job interviews the first 10 seconds are most important as this is when impressions are formed so yeah you probably can.

You can probably answer a lot of important in 3 minutes, the thing is to know whats important to you, e.g. politics, music, hobbies before you go but not to use the time as an interrogation.

Its quite popular, in fact I came up with the idea because my friends and I couldn't find a decent speed dating event when I was single.

Archived