Who do i complain to about my neighbour?

My neighbour used to have her t.v. and music on so loud I could not hear mine, I took to sitting in the kitchen with the raido so I could hear it. Then I thought enough is enough so I went round and explained and for 3 days it was kept to a resonable level, then back to high volume, so I asked again only to be given a mouth full of abuse and was told it couldn't be as bad as I said.

A couple of weeks later my daughter had to go into hospital as a day case so I was going to look after her children which meant leaving here at 7.30 am, as I went out I turned on my tv to a music channel and turned it up as loud as I could, I got home about 8pm and turned it off, I have never heard loud music from next door since.

Follow the link in Deltic's post.

The council can do something even if its in a private residence.

Can but don't....my neighbour runs a garage from his home, repairing cars in both back and front gardens and selling cars from the grass verge and the council turn a blind eye.

Can but don't....my neighbour runs a garage from his home, repairing cars in both back and front gardens and selling cars from the grass verge and the council turn a blind eye.

This specifically may not be a council issue unless its a council owned property. You may need to contact the Inland Revenue to see if he is registered as a trader and/or declaring his income and also see if his house is leasehold. In most cases a business cannot be run from a leasehold dwelling.

PS. Streetview link because I'm nosey?

Archived