Wasp nests do fake ones work

Dont mention wasps to me I,m allergic to the hotar--d little swines.Every time I get stung the reaction is worse,the last time I tried to spray a nest in the eaves they got me twice.My face looked like Quasimodo the wife jumped with shock at the sight,I ended up in hospital.After being tested they gave me tablets and an emergency injector to jab in my thigh if I received multipul stings.Most insects have a benificial use,not wasps they are just pests!

Where can you get these from ? maybe Flyer and I should have one.

Don't know in U.K, over here every hardware store and supermarket as them so to sell so many of them they've got to work well, get the kids to make one, looks simple lots of old paper and paper glue

I don't get this. Why would anyone want to make a false wasp's nest? Why encourage 'em? Ive got a load of drunken wasps in my garden at the moment. After they've finished their nesting shennanigans they look for all the fallen fruit and get loaded on the juice. You can sometimes pick them up and they don't know where the hell they are. I've been like that myself many a time.

I don't get this. Why would anyone want to make a false wasp's nest? Why encourage 'em? Ive got a load of drunken wasps in my garden at the moment. After they've finished their nesting shennanigans they look for all the fallen fruit and get loaded on the juice. You can sometimes pick them up and they don't know where the hell they are. I've been like that myself many a time.

Because wasps are territorial and avoid setting up shop in what they think is the nest of another colony. Not sure how effective the fake ones are but they sell them around here.

Would,nt work here had 3 nests on garden so load of rubbish i would say.I know were your coming from though so it on news fake nests lol.Maybe only work upto a certain distance ????

Oh that was 3 real nests here lol.

You're quite Terminator, they don't work at all (well not in the UK anyway). I'm a pest controller and as you rightly say certain sites will hold multiple nests. The most I've got rid of at once this year was four all around someones garage roof. It's been a good year for wasps this year unfortunately for a lot of people.

Regards

Quickpest.

Picture of Waspinator

Product image Product image Product image

Waspinator

(0 votes )

Now you can keep those wasps OUT of your garden with the Waspinator.

SKU: 60828

£10.00

Availability: In stock

Bookmark and Share

A simple but great idea, it works by mimicking an actual wasps nest - basically because wasps steer clear of unfamiliar nests. Proven to work, the Waspinator can actually clear an area of 6 metres radius - and it'll remain that way! H30cm (12") approx.

Archived