Has anyone ever seen a 'branded' McDonalds delivery vehicle?

I'm more than a bit puzzled on this one - McDonalds have a huge number of outlets in this country needing daily or weekly deliveries ...

But I've never, ever seen a McDonalds branded vehicle (either truck or van) in this country.

The Mc stuff is getting into the outlets somehow, why would McDonalds miss a marvelous opperunity to get their brand seen even more?

Nice U.S example

I'm puzzled :huh:

I'm more than a bit puzzled on this one - McDonalds have a huge number of outlets in this country needing daily or weekly deliveries ...

But I've never, ever seen a McDonalds branded vehicle (either truck or van) in this country.

The Mc stuff is getting into the outlets somehow, why would McDonalds miss a marvelous opperunity to get their brand seen even more?

Nice U.S example

I'm puzzled :huh:

Why would they want their own vehicles and the the cost of employing drivers, paying salaries and benefits plus the additional cost of fuel, covering wear and tear and maintenance.

McDs is so well known already that I haven't seen them even advertising on TV for a long time

They've always used common freight carriers to deliver their stuff

Are you blind?

On average a store will have a minimum of 3 deliveries a week. The trailers are all branded up (Unless it's a new trailer thats been used prior to branding). Usually on a white background. The truck is usually white and operated by a company called Keystone.

Sorry it's not a better pic but it's the only one I could be bothered to find:

http://www.se10.com/images/headers/Keystone_OurWork_Header.png

Are you blind?

On average a store will have a minimum of 3 deliveries a week. The trailers are all branded up (Unless it's a new trailer thats been used prior to branding). Usually on a white background. The truck is usually white and operated by a company called Keystone.

Sorry it's not a better pic but it's the only one I could be bothered to find:

http://www.se10.com/images/headers/Keystone_OurWork_Header.png

Maybe I need to get to Specsavers ;)

The pic you posted is very low key though (I may well have seen one and not noticed the very (relatively) small logo on the side of the truck)

I just imagined the delivery vehicles would be plastered with the highly recognisable 'corporate' Red and Yellow colours.

Interesting that the branding is lower key on the pic you provided (and they also seem to be suggesting something different to what most people expect from McDonalds - Free Range Eggs)

Seems like I haven't seen them because they don't reflect look of the shops themselves (overall)

Seems like I haven't seen them because they don't reflect look of the shops themselves (overall)

There's not much red or yellow in the McD's corporate brand these days, apart from the logo and the chip packets. The modern shops are all browns, creams, greens and oranges, with plenty of white.

McDonalds have toned down the advertising a lot in recent months. They'll tell you it's because they're responding to the critisism that they're part of the problem with obese britain. Fact of the matter is that whilst some store report sales increases, overall sales nation-wide are down so they've cut the advertising budget.

The new generic happy meal ad is a prime example. Previously you'd get a specific ad showing what toys were in the happy meal at the time.

The corporation is also franchising off it's stores at a rapid rate. A few years ago a franchised store was rare and now it's common place with each franchisee being offered to take over upto and over 5 stores if their first one is sucessful after a couple of years.

There's not much red or yellow in the McD's corporate brand these days, apart from the logo and the chip packets. The modern shops are all browns, creams, greens and oranges, with plenty of white.

Haven't been in one for a long time, never noticed the 'new' colour schemes on the many I must have passed in the highstreet :blush:

Archived