Prisoners painted room for ex-minister Jacqui Smith

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029812/Jacqui-Smith-rents-home-convicts-redecorate-exchange-plants.html#ixzz1VzesI9cn

Jacqui Smith, one of the corrupt officials in the previously governing Labour regime used unpaid prisoners to carry out improvements to her home.

Jacqui Smith claimed £116000 in 2nd home benefit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4552953/Jacqui-Smith-claims-116000-second-home-allowance.html

She should be locked up.

And not only that, corporal punishment should be reintroduced just so we can employ somebody recently made redundant to give her a slap (both front and backhanders), and it should be broadcast on the BBC because TV license payers deserve value for money.

:rant:

Ex Home Secretary kindly allows prisoners to use her house in their rehabilitation training to help them gain employment and not reoffend when they are released from prison.

As far as I'm aware that type of scheme usually involves working on community buildings, not working on private homes, or at least not those of the wealthy.

She herself has said that they only worked in her house because they 'didn't have anything on' so she poached them and she simply made a 'donation' to the charity (which you can bet your life would be far less than a professional decorators fees).

This was a publicly funded scheme. No politician with an ounce of professionality, sense or personal decency would have done this. Questions have to be asked about how this was funded. Who was supervising them, how much were they paid, what were the administration costs were to organise this, how were materials and equipment paid for. She subsequently rented the flat out and there should never, ever, be the slightest whiff of an MP using a public service for their own personal financial gain.

It's called corruption and if we don't nip it in the bud we might as well give up and change our name to sodding Nigeria.

As far as I'm aware that type of scheme usually involves working on community buildings, not working on private homes, or at least not those of the wealthy.

She herself has said that they only worked in her house because they 'didn't have anything on' so she poached them and she simply made a 'donation' to the charity (which you can bet your life would be far less than a professional decorators fees).

This was a publicly funded scheme. No politician with an ounce of professionality, sense or personal decency would have done this. Questions have to be asked about how this was funded. Who was supervising them, how much were they paid, what were the administration costs were to organise this, how were materials and equipment paid for. She subsequently rented the flat out and there should never, ever, be the slightest whiff of an MP using a public service for their own personal financial gain.

It's called corruption and if we don't nip it in the bud we might as well give up and change our name to sodding Nigeria.

I wrote the quote as an example of how different newspapers could report on the same story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029812/Jacqui-Smith-rents-home-convicts-redecorate-exchange-plants.html#ixzz1VzesI9cn

Jacqui Smith, one of the corrupt officials in the previously governing Labour regime used unpaid prisoners to carry out improvements to her home.

Jacqui Smith claimed £116000 in 2nd home benefit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4552953/Jacqui-Smith-claims-116000-second-home-allowance.html

She should be locked up.

And not only that, corporal punishment should be reintroduced just so we can employ somebody recently made redundant to give her a slap (both front and backhanders), and it should be broadcast on the BBC because TV license payers deserve value for money.

:rant:

The Labour party didn't govern. They used office to line their pockets. A deplorable bunch of thieves.

I dont see whats wrong with Mrs Smith using the great unwashed to paint her house. She has, apparently, done this quite openly and paid a contribution to the pot that pays for these people being re integrated into society.

I dont think that contributirs to this forum should call anyone "scum" nor do I see why they should always see the worst of people.

This is a typical silly season story with a gross over reaction from cerain over exiteable contributors.

I dont see whats wrong with Mrs Smith using the great unwashed to paint her house. She has, apparently, done this quite openly and paid a contribution to the pot that pays for these people being re integrated into society.

I dont think that contributirs to this forum should call anyone "scum" nor do I see why they should always see the worst of people.

This is a typical silly season story with a gross over reaction from cerain over exiteable contributors.

It seems a perfectly reasonable headline to me. People whose work was being paid for by the taxpayer to work on community projects are diverted by someone in high office to do that work on her own property instead. That is corruption at a very high level.

Well she got most of her house paid for by the tax payer..it's only right that the tax payer should pay to have it decorated I suppose...how much did she pay and how much would she have had to pay a professional decorator...?Whatever the amount you'd have thought she'd have more sense than to run the risk of this blowing up in her face....

Archived