Worst bit of driving you ever saw?

A few months ago, the most delightful driver did this to me...

My road has cars parked either side, leaving more or less a single lane of traffic, and is a turn off from Crookes Road, which is very busy at 5pm!

I was driving home and turned onto my road, and immediately had cars either side with nowhere to pull in. At the top of the road, a woman in a Citroen Picasso appeared, and I could see from where I was that there were numerous spaces she could pull into and let me through. But No.

She decides to carry on down the road, so I had to stop to see what she was planning. She just carried on and carried on, ignoring every space, til we were bumper to bumper. I shrugged my shoulders at her, and she gestured to me to reverse... onto the main road. After about 30 seconds of me f'ing and blinding, I gave in, and reversed onto Crookes road, luckily when the lights were at red so nothing was coming! She then pulled up along side me, and gave me a smirmy smile and sarcastic wave... I was hacked off to say the least!!

If it was you and youre reading this... :rant:

the ideot in the jeep that nearly hit me head on on my first driving lesson.

i was on a little side road up norton practasing left hand turns, i was driving down a road pulled out to overtake a parked car and the stupid bimbo in the jeep saw me and accelerated, luckly my reactions even then were pretty quick or it would have been a case of hit her or the parked car

sounds like the same woman who tried to do the same to me down mulehouse rd a few weeks ago when she could have pulled in on at least 2 occasions but decided to carry on and block the road so these women or the the people who stay in middle lanes on motorways or outside lanes of dual carriageways what are you trying to prove because i dont think its clever its just shear dangerous driving and you owt to be booked for it and BANNED from driving

If that's the worst piece of driving the OP ever saw they can count themselves lucky. Twice in a week a few years ago I saw a car stop at a zebra crossing to let someone cross and then a second car come along and smack right into the back of the first car. On both occasions the second drivers couldn't have been looking at the road. It's just as well they hit the cars in front or they could have ploughed into pedestrians.

Wow reversing into traffic is not clever. I think more vehicles should be fitted with cctv cameras to catch these occurences.

I see a great display every day from our taxi driving friends. Looks like they were giving out driving licences with curry sauce at some time.

"Oh thats my mate coming the other way lets have a conversation in the middle of the road, never mind the bus behind me".

This bit of road is clear to park on great, a bit from that road and a bit from the other road joining it. I have my space reversed everwhere i go.

Archived