Worst bit of driving you ever saw?

Driving my truck on the M4 early one morning when the m/way was quite busy. A clown in a Saab passed his junction (I assume) and pulled up to a stop, ON THE INSIDE LANE. If I had not been a reasonable distance behind him, and able to brake and swerve onto the slip road, chummy may well have ended up very dead.

As I pulled back onto the inside lane and looked into my mirrors, it was like a Yank road movie, with cars and trucks swerving all over the show to avoid the Saab, who was still stationary on the inside lane. I often wonder what happened to the driver.

Regards

Angel.

A few months ago, the most delightful driver did this to me...

My road has cars parked either side, leaving more or less a single lane of traffic, and is a turn off from Crookes Road, which is very busy at 5pm!

I was driving home and turned onto my road, and immediately had cars either side with nowhere to pull in. At the top of the road, a woman in a Citroen Picasso appeared, and I could see from where I was that there were numerous spaces she could pull into and let me through. But No.

She decides to carry on down the road, so I had to stop to see what she was planning. She just carried on and carried on, ignoring every space, til we were bumper to bumper. I shrugged my shoulders at her, and she gestured to me to reverse... onto the main road. After about 30 seconds of me f'ing and blinding, I gave in, and reversed onto Crookes road, luckily when the lights were at red so nothing was coming! She then pulled up along side me, and gave me a smirmy smile and sarcastic wave... I was hacked off to say the least!!

If it was you and youre reading this... :rant:

You shouldn't blame anybody else for your bad driving.

Do not reverse from a side road into a main road.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070340

The idiot Asda delivery driver who thought he'd have fun using his van to intimidate me.

I entered the parkway at parkway avenue, he flashed me and moved to the outside lane, he then for some reason pulled in front of me and began accelerating then jamming on his brakes, i just slowed to 25mph - ish and followed him back to the loading bays at Asda (Handsworth) where i pulled up besides him wanting an explanation, he did a runner inside.

I positioned my van across his rear bumper so he couldn't move, i then walked round to the main entrance of the store to see the manager via customer services, i explained the situation and was assured they took things like this very serious and they woul call me within the hour with an explanation, they did, my word against his so they wouldn't be taking any action. :loopy:

I'm a very courteous driver with not a single offence in all my years driving, not even a parking ticket, i can assure you i did nothing to warrant this idiots behaviour. :mad:

A what I would guess slightly drunk guy in a small White van with something about marquees on the side went past me at speed on the parkway, cut across very late for the Mosborough turn off, went up to the small island in the left hand lane then cut across traffic on roundabout to go right, then overtook on solid White lines on Mosborough parkway, didn't see him after that but I hope he crashed and seriously injured himself with no other vehicles/persons involved.

You shouldn't blame anybody else for your bad driving.

Do not reverse from a side road into a main road.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Highwaycode/DG_070340

Read the rest of the post mate, what was I supposed to do? She weren't gonna shift and I had nowhere to go! I can't whack out some propellers, stick em to my roof and fly to my house...

After about 30 seconds of me f'ing and blinding, I gave in, and reversed onto Crookes road, luckily when the lights were at red so nothing was coming! She then pulled up along side me, and gave me a smirmy smile and sarcastic wave... I was hacked off to say the least!!

If it was you and youre reading this... :rant:

Read the rest of the post mate, what was I supposed to do? She weren't gonna shift and I had nowhere to go! I can't whack out some propellers, stick em to my roof and fly to my house...

I did read it mate. You waited all of 30 seconds? Didn't really give her chance to shift did ya? ;) Tut tut...

Archived