Worst bit of driving you ever saw?

One of the funniest things I've ever seen went like this. We were approaching a roundabout behind a police car which was indicating a left turn. The police car moved out to take left turn when some prize plank in open top cabriolet with 3 of his mates shot onto roundabout from right and missed back end of cop car by millimetres. They carried on their merry way laughing their heads off. Unfortunately for them there is an access road in the direction the police car went as when we got further down the road the police had caught and pulled them. They weren't laughing then but we were:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Here's one that happened to me about a month ago... Going down Herries Road towards Penistone Road, condidtions good and roads clear in front of me so doing 40 in a 40, get to the part where it drops downhill towards the bridge and see there is a bus at the give way on Wordsworth Avenue waiting to turn right. Know from past experience that bus drivers will go for any gap in the traffic there that they can so was expecting him to pull out in front of me and if needed slow down to keep a sensible distance between us going down the hill....

Anyway i'm getting closer and closer to the junction and start to think that for once they will wait rather than just pull out regardless, but nope this one waited until the very last minute and then rushed out of the junction in such a hurry that he couldn't make the turn!

The bus is now stuck at 90 degrees across the road completely blocking my lane and the "island", slammed the brakes on and somehow managed to pull up not more than a couple of car lengths from the bus and just sat there in complete disbelief at what the bus driver had done, judging from the looks on some of the bus passengers faces I'd guess they were thinking the same.

Was very grateful that the roads were dry, the car had ABS / decent tyres and no-one was tailgating me at the time otherwise not only could i have hit the side of the bus but anyone following could have rear ended me too.

I did read it mate. You waited all of 30 seconds? Didn't really give her chance to shift did ya? ;) Tut tut...

Not even when some numpty blocks the way he was going and refuses to move and that is the only place they can go. What else could they do?:huh::loopy:

Read my post above. :roll::loopy:

There are the occasional drivers who drive off-road down the tram tracks by the pub Lawson Springs in Hillsborough. I think they must be on their way to the opticians as there are quite a few in Hillsborough:hihi:

I also saw a man driving along the Infirmary Rd tram tracks & carried on going tailgating the tram in front of him until he got to the tram stop at the bottom of St Philips Rd. Whether he expected his tyres to change to rails I don't know but he gave up after a bit & had to reverse back off the tracks onto the flat bit. What a dingbat:hihi:

Read my post above. :roll::loopy:

I read it and also the original post when the woman refused to move and gestured for OP to back up as she had no intention of doing that. Perhaps you would have liked them to sit there all day. He had no option but to reverse and the main road was the only place he could go. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the correct thing to have done?

I read it and also the original post when the woman refused to move and gestured for OP to back up as she had no intention of doing that. Perhaps you would have liked them to sit there all day. He had no option but to reverse and the main road was the only place he could go. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the correct thing to have done?

He waited all of 30 seconds whilst effing and blinding. I would have stood my ground & made her reverse.

... and when she refused to move...

rip your shirt open to reveal a superman logo, and push her back up the road into a nearby parking space.

I had nowhere to go, nowhere other than backwards. She had plenty of space to pull in, and AS I PUT IN MY POST, came bumper to bumper and told me to reverse. What can I do? Turn engine off and sit there...?

She wasnt going to move. Plain and simple. Shes sat in her car waving her hand at me to move back.

What would you do out of interest?

... and when she refused to move...

rip your shirt open to reveal a superman logo, and push her back up the road into a nearby parking space.

I had nowhere to go, nowhere other than backwards. She had plenty of space to pull in, and AS I PUT IN MY POST, came bumper to bumper and told me to reverse. What can I do? Turn engine off and sit there...?

She wasnt going to move. Plain and simple. Shes sat in her car waving her hand at me to move back.

What would you do out of interest?

I'd ignore him he has no concept of reality:hihi::hihi::love:

Archived